Reusing a BIB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kythcat

Reaction score
ok, I've seen and done many things, and sit here dreaming of the day I can win the lottery and actually put in a fountain system that uses the BIB. I know that there isn't much savings using those, but I've been wondering, once the commercial syrup is gone, can you refill those with homemade syrup?

It's more of a dream, but if I plan right, I might be able to piece a system together over several months, and was wondering about refilling for even more savings. Or is there a way to connect the system to, say, the 5gal water storage containers?

Something to think about??

I'm reminded of a time when a few buddies refilled one with water and dropped it off a roof like a giant water balloon.

Not that that's applicable.

You could use corny kegs as post-mix syrup tanks. I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I believe it should work the same as pulling from a BIB, you just have to pressurize each of the tanks. I'm not sure if you'd need different pumps for that or if you could eliminate the pumps entirely. I believe the 1 gallon Taylor syrup tanks were used for this purpose or at least something similar.

Back