Results! (with pictures)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My one week old Double-IPA...It's just a test bottle to see how things are going but I figured I would share.

012.jpg

reviving the thread...
because i have more results!
the first two are my irish stout (all grain BIAB), the next two are my APA(also AG BIAB)

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

Who didn't grow up drinking those beers? In the US anyway. +1 on Shocktop. Had a couple after someone left them after a party...ew. Totally agree on your assessment. To each his own though, lots a people love it. I'm no fan of any fruity beers really

In my lifetime, albeit a short one at the age of almost-29, I haven't had very much cheap beer. (I had a little Miller Lite in a sake bomb once, a couple cans of Red Dog to keep from offending a new hunting partner, and one Corona. That's it.) I started out with sweet wines, malt beverages, and mixed drinks. I never had a taste for beer, which is odd since I live in Wisconsin. I only started drinking beer within the last couple years or so.

I'm a mechanical engineer, so I tend to avoid cheaping out and am willing to spend more to do things right. Beer was no different for me. If I'm going to try beer, it's going to be the good stuff! So, I started out on microbrews and haven't looked back. And, man, am I glad I did! :tank:

sorry for grave digging, reviving this thread a bit.

now 6 months into the hobby, i'm feeling like the product i am getting is incredibly improved, and so much more refined.

My American Wheat Beer and my AG APA.

IMG_0169.jpg

Resampled952012-03-319517-36-13950.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Here's my first brew, a Bavarian Hefeweissen! Thanks to my buddy I am a brewing machine! I love it! This came out pretty good. I added some Dark Candi to up the Alcohol content :) It's a 6.5 ish Hefeweissen. It's been a big hit and all I have left is a six pack that goes to my buddy for teaching me how to brew! The pic was taken yesterday - 5 weeks in the bottle.

The lemon was just for ****s and giggles - I usually drink 'em as is. Looks nice though.

Hefe.jpg

Hefe2.jpg

Here's a pic of my second brew - I did this with my Father and my Brother they loved the process! This is a Koelsch. It was in the Primary for about 2 weeks and the racked to Secondary and was lagered for 4 weeks. This pic was also taken yesterday - just one week in the bottle. Delicious!!!

Kolsch.jpg

Loving this Porter!! This was my first attempt..

4th batch coming up, will be my first all grain. I just need to get my reverse flow wort chiller built and I'm ready to go! Can't wait!!!

Cheers!!

beer49.jpg

Here's my attempt at a pils. Pic taken with the brother in laws, enjoying the results of our new addiction :)

image-222250400.jpg

Ohcrap,
THAT is a sweet looking Pils! Biut dark for a pils though isn't it?

(Not judging, just asking... My Koelsch was WAY too dark for a Koelsch... actually, it wasn't even a Koelsch by standard...)

Anyway, your pils looks gorgeous! What was your base malt/grain? What type of process? all grain or extract? I never much cared for pils as it I find it too hoppy and light in color... yours looks like I could enjoy it...

I brewed NB's Sinistral Warrior IPA and dry hopped it with 2oz of Cascades. Turned out beautifully! this pic was only 15 days after bottling...It was even better the next week and by the time I cracked the last bottle it was amazing! I will buy this kit again for sure. I shared the last bottle (it was a bomber) with a buddy of mine and received the best compliment yet, "This is good...it's damn good. I would buy this if it were available in the store" haha...what a suck up.

575945_10150847837288561_750108560_231461343_1975934063_n.jpg

This was our very first beer, NB's Bourbon Aged Porter. I was out of town when my buddy bottled and he forgot to stir the priming solution, so we ended up with A LOT of barely carbonated beer and few good ones. This is a pic of the first good one I found, 16 days in the bottle

301733_10150738270018561_750108560_9435784_510884877_n.jpg

I don't stir my primer...I rack the beer on top of it and have never had an issue...how did your buddy do it?

i'm often 16 days in bottles before i even crack the first one... it's possible the priming sugar was completely fine, just took a few weeks to carb up. patience grasshopper... :)

My best brew to date it is my fifth one a American IPA. Two weeks in primary two weeks in the bottle needs a little more age but a great beer still.

image-2922931276.jpg

i'm often 16 days in bottles before i even crack the first one... it's possible the priming sugar was completely fine, just took a few weeks to carb up. patience grasshopper... :)

True, plus variances in amount of yeast in each bottle, etc.

Here are shots of my last four brews. All Mr Beer recipes, fermented 3 weeks, bottle conditioned warm for 2, and refrigerated for a minimum of 2 weeks.

Angry Ox ale

4567a415.jpg

Scottish wee heavy

b58ebe30.jpg

Blarney stone stout

12275e13.jpg

Whispering Wheat

db02dc62.jpg

Blackmuse said:
Ohcrap,
THAT is a sweet looking Pils! Biut dark for a pils though isn't it?

(Not judging, just asking... My Koelsch was WAY too dark for a Koelsch... actually, it wasn't even a Koelsch by standard...)

Anyway, your pils looks gorgeous! What was your base malt/grain? What type of process? all grain or extract? I never much cared for pils as it I find it too hoppy and light in color... yours looks like I could enjoy it...

Yep waaaay too dark, it's a lovely golden colour albeit dark gold. It's an extract with carahell 25ebc (crystal malt) for colour & flavour and saaz hops for aroma. As I said an attempt at a pils, didn't turn out that way but what I got was a fantastic smooth, yellow fizzy beer with a fine saaz aroma and a real light creamy head (go figure). All in all a great mistake that turned into my new house session beer :). Neighbour called with a present for my son, had a beer & asked what it was, where I got it and when I told him it was my own his reply "Jaysus I could drink that all night".

The head on that wee-heavy is amazing.

Yea, it is my favorite one, hands-down. I made it with a small amount of single-malt scotch for flavor instead of the butterscotch schnapps they suggested. all of these were also carbed with regular, white granulated table sugar. I plan to get some dextrose bottle tabs for my next batch to see how it affects the head, flavor and lacing.

I don't stir my primer...I rack the beer on top of it and have never had an issue...how did your buddy do it?

He said he just poured in the primer and racked on top of it...It's been 2 months since then and were still running in to a lot that aren't carbed very much. only a sixer left though and we've drank each and every one.

I've stirred all of mine and never had an issue

Wow, all delicious looking beers! I've posted this pic before, but this is my first brew (from this time last year). It was a Belgian White. Far from the best beer I've brewed, but certainly not a disappointment I think I may still even have a couple bottles somewhere in the conditioning closet:

0527112013.jpg

This is the same beer, but weeks later. You can see it cleared a lot, which I wasn't expecting seeing as how it was a Belgian White.

0603111639.jpg

Yea, it is my favorite one, hands-down. I made it with a small amount of single-malt scotch for flavor instead of the butterscotch schnapps they suggested. all of these were also carbed with regular, white granulated table sugar. I plan to get some dextrose bottle tabs for my next batch to see how it affects the head, flavor and lacing.

I carb with table sugar all the time. I can run two blocks to the corner store and get it whereas corn sugar is 5 miles away.

Yep waaaay too dark, it's a lovely golden colour albeit dark gold. It's an extract with carahell 25ebc (crystal malt) for colour & flavour and saaz hops for aroma. As I said an attempt at a pils, didn't turn out that way but what I got was a fantastic smooth, yellow fizzy beer with a fine saaz aroma and a real light creamy head (go figure). All in all a great mistake that turned into my new house session beer :). Neighbour called with a present for my son, had a beer & asked what it was, where I got it and when I told him it was my own his reply "Jaysus I could drink that all night".

Right on man! Gotta love those "attempts" that "miss" the style but turn out amazing! lol - I think my best beer to date was one of those!

I need to try Saaz hops sometime.

from my first ever batch. an amber recipe of my own devising. came out a lot more clear than i expected and had nice head retention.

firstbatch.jpg

It is awesome to see so many fellow brewers showing their pride over the great (sometimes not so great) beers that are being made! No talk of extract over all grain or not being true to style, just brewers showing off their efforts and enthusiasm!

:mug:

Here's my 9th batch.

I call it a wheat pilsener, but I'm certain that's not accurate. I was at the mercy of my LHBS with ingredients and it morphed from a pilsener recipe to what you see here. Just cracked it open after three weeks of bottle conditioning. Still seems a little green with very slight bubble gum hints...hopefully that clears up in a few weeks.

Feels very carbonated on my lips, but I couldn't get a head to develop.

photo.JPG

Andy

Back