Resetting Beersmith 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle23

Reaction score
I downloaded beersmith 3 a while back. One of the first things i did was basically wipe the slate clean and just input the ingredients i use with numbers from the manufactures . I've recently decided that I don't want to go that route and would like to reload everything back to factory settings. I have my recipes in different formats so losing them isn't a huge issue. But i cant find anything that tells me how to get beersmith back to factory settings. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get those settings back?

Agreed if you absolutely want everything back. Before you do, however, I would recommend going to your beersmith3 folder under 'my documents' and backing up any custom reports and all recipe.bsmx files. They should not be affected, but in case they are, you can reinstall your recipes back to the new install.

Or you could delete all your input ingredients, then go to the add-ons and add what you want.

There's lots of stuff which he will not get back afaik, like the basic default ingredients. The addons are more custum stuff.

Back