Requiem For A Beer Glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

day_trippr

The Central Scruuuutinizer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I accidentally murdered my favorite beer glass tonight.
Drilled it with the butt end of a 3 foot level like it wasn't even there.
Shattered TF out of it.

So many memories...

valley_malt_cascade_smash_2.jpg

julius_clone_26sep2020.jpg

juicy_bits_12jul2020_sm.jpg

hiberrywheat.jpg

hazy_not_murky_neipa.jpg

juicy_bits_20mar2019_sm.jpg

wheaties_02.jpg

bohemian_lager.jpg

Fortunately, I purchased a pair, so I have the surviving mate to help me get through this sad day...

surviving_spouse_sm.jpg

In the scheme of things it's the tiniest of tragedies, but I'm still feeling it. Boulevard doesn't sell this style glass any longer...

Cheers! ;)

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss. 😢
That was a really nice one. It always seem to happen to nice glasses, or your favorites.

The old ugly mugs last forever, withstand the test of time, because they never, or rarely, get used.

I cracked one a few months ago, while giving it a final rinse in a tub with hot water sitting on the counter, and it merely touched the bottom. The worst thing is, it was my wife's favorite. It's still together, but has a large crack in it.

RIT (Rest in Trash) Sweet looking Tank 7 glass.

I was lucky to get these I think. This is their current style tulip...

1603934542662.png
1603934605528.png

Ok, but not as nice as the older style, imho...

Cheers!

Man...that sucks. Cool that you were able to get some replacement stablemates tho. I’ve become rather attached to a couple Teku glasses I’ve been using and my wife was making me nervous with what I was viewing as excessively forced placement returns.

So she either gets pint glasses that I don’t care for or these. She ain’t gonna break those suckers!!!

Attachments

• 742FB48F-632D-429D-939D-AA9CFF7DAECB.jpeg
    742FB48F-632D-429D-939D-AA9CFF7DAECB.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 17
Back