Request: tried and true AG Witbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llarian

Reaction score
I'm mostly an IPA brewer, since that's my taste, but I'm received numerous requests for a Witbier, including a couple from my boss and his wife who went to Belgium and don't like the Wits they can find in the US.

I'd like to branch out anyways, so I figure this is a good opportunity.

So, does anybody have a Witbier recipe or two that seems fairly close to authentic Belgian Wit? My water is very soft, which I'm told is an advantage for this style.

Wyeast preferred, since my usual LHBS doesn't carry WLP.

Thanks,
Dylan

The one I have in the recipe data base is very good. I have gotten lots of complements on it. Most recipes I see have alot more orange in them. But for me the 1/4 oz. is the perfect balance. BierMuncher also has one that lots of people seem to like, although I have not made it, im sure someone will chime in.

I made a variation of the recipe from Biermunch (see signature). I don't have any experience with Wits from Belgium but this beer is real popular with those that have tried it. In particular those people who don't drink much beer or don't like my IPAs and stouts.

My version:
5# 2-row pale malt
4.5# wheat malt
.5# flaked oats
1oz EKG at 60
.75oz corriander
.75oz dried bitter orange
2l starter of WLP400 (according to mrmalty.com this is similar to Wyeast 3944)

Good luck
Craig

Latest posts

Back