Reputable mail-order source for Bierkeller malt extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nokitchen

Reaction score
We'd like to make a Negra Modelo clone next and of course we'd like to get the malt as Viennese as possible given the constraints of extracts. My normal guys either don't have the stuff or don't have it and say it' been discontinued.

Any ideas? If necessary, I'm not afraid to spend Euros and ship across borders, but of course a US-based source is preferable.

I'm not sure about a vienna based extract, but if you're desperate you could cut some munich with pilsner and that might get you close...

I think this is a good candidate for partial mash if you're keen on it.

I'm not sure about a vienna based extract, but if you're desperate you could cut some munich with pilsner and that might get you close...

I think this is a good candidate for partial mash if you're keen on it.
Thanks, P. As I continue to research it, it appears that the Bierkeller might have been made with American malt in the first place. The extract recipe from Clonebrews does call for 8 oz of Vienna, maybe that's enough to get close. That said, this will also be my first lager -- maybe I don't want to mess with substitutes at the same time I'm facing the temperature-maintenance challenge of a lager. Much to think about.

Thanks again, either way.

Back