Replacing Beer Lines on Kegerator Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckee1184

Reaction score
I just bought a used Kegerator off Craigslist and I want to replace the beer lines. I have read that I need to use a special tool in order to disconnect the lines. Is it just more difficult to use a regular wrench or do I absolutely need the special tool?

The top of the tower should be removable. Take that off and check out the nut that is on the inside that is holding the shank to the tower. If you have a wrench that fits it, have at it. If not, you can buy one. Some of them are sold as faucet/shank combo wrenches.

Ill pop the top off when I get home and see if I can get a wrench in there. Thanks for the quick replies!

If the lines were connected to hardware using stepless clamps like below you can either peel them off the line by using small wire snippers to grab and pull away the end piece that wraps or cut the stubby protrusion with heavy duty snips. I do the former. The special tool is used to install the stepless clamps.

k202-1_2.jpeg

I use snips like these to remove mine by prying up the wrap end:
33083-1020-3ww-l.jpg

Ill pop the top off when I get home and see if I can get a wrench in there. Thanks for the quick replies!

I couldn't get a wrench in mine but I used a hammer and screw driver go get it loose. Worked nicely and I didn't have to buy expensive wrench.

Latest posts

Back