Removing stuck posts on a Corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arondee

Reaction score
Hey all,

I bought two used ball lock corny kegs from a guy off of craigslist. Both hold their seal well and previously contained soda. I bought a 7/8 wrench to remove them and it works great. I was able to get both posts off the first keg no problem. The second keg is a different story. I soaked it in hot oxi clean overnight and I still can't get the posts off. I've even tried getting the wrench in place and hitting it with a hammer. These things are stuck on really good. What the heck can I do to get them off?

Thanks for the thread! I searched the forums before posting but I couldn't find anything like this. I'll try some of their suggestions. Maybe I'll take it down to discount tire and see if they will take it off for me with a power wrench. On a related note, I just got a call, apparently my man card has been revoked :(

Finally got both posts off. It took two people, a deep socket wrench, one guy pulling on a breaker bar and the other holding onto a tire iron stuck between the handles for grip. Sometimes it just takes a whole lot of muscle and soaking in hot Oxiclean does not help.

Back