Remove stuck poppet from post?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beertastic

Reaction score
I've got the post off, but when I push down on the poppet from the top the spring compresses fully but the poppet doesn't come out.

Any tricks to remove it? These posts are nasty, and I've got 2 like this.

Tz03c.jpg

The legs are resting on a ledge. You can pry them off the ledge one at a time and the poppet will fall right out...

Cheers!

To put mine in sometimes I'll pry the feet out just enough to add a little resistance and press it back in with a 1/4"OD piece of stainless tube or the end of my diptube :)

E-Mursed said:
Now go buy some universal poppets and replace those flawed design ones.

What's wrong with the ones I have?

Also can you buy o rings for the poppets or do I have to just buy a new one?

One day....you will not be able to put those poppets back in because the metal legs will be stressed from being bent over and over and they will break. This I know from experience.

The universal poppet works on most kegs, has a strengthened spring and is removed and replaced very easily.

Some will say that they have that same poppet and it has been fine for them. Don't worry, your poppet will eventually break, but only when you really need it.

day_trippr said:
I've never seen a pre-packaged keg o-ring set come with poppet seals. Such kits invariably come with five o-rings, including the lid seal, two dip tube rings, and two post rings...

Cheers!

+1.... Just have to get new poppets at $5 or more a piece!!

Back