Remove labels from Heineken bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afreitag

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on removing labels from heineken bottles. I can get the label off but it leaves glue residue. I know they are green bottles, but just want them for extra bottles.

Those kind of labels suck bad. I'd look for different bottles unless you want to spend all day scrubbing. Best bottles I've found are bells and new glarus. Come right off with a soak in pbw or oxi clean.

I haven't done Heinies, but some import with foil labels. I poured boiling water on the label from a teakettle. It worked. Otherwise use water as hot and soapy as you can.

Put them in the oven and they melt off. They shrink into miniature labels 1/20 the size but exactly the same dimensions. Then when the bottles cool, just pick of the hard plastic. Maybe 350F for an hour.

Some bottles just aren't worth the time and effort. I can't imagine bothering for green bottles to begin with, much less if they had difficult glue residue.

I would also recommend that you check to make sure your capper can secure a bottle cap on the top of those bottles. I spent a few hours once getting those labels off (to use for cider) but when I went to bottle, my wing capper could not get a grip on the neck and so I couldn't get it to seal.

I have had great luck with OxyClean and very hot water it really does the trick for me. Soak for a day and wash. Goo Gone is my back up product.

Latest posts

Back