Remote CO2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt_m

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Getting close to starting the finishing phase of my basement remodel and was looking at where to put my CO2 tank. I am considering putting my CO2 tank in a closet and running around 16’ of line to my keezer which will have a secondary regulator for each keg. I’d also run around 25’ to a secondary regulator near my fermenters for purge/transfer. Is this workable? Any special planning on sizing the lines?

Getting close to starting the finishing phase of my basement remodel and was looking at where to put my CO2 tank. I am considering putting my CO2 tank in a closet and running around 16’ of line to my keezer which will have a secondary regulator for each keg. I’d also run around 25’ to a secondary regulator near my fermenters for purge/transfer. Is this workable? Any special planning on sizing the lines?

I’ve run much longer lines in 1/4” with no issues. If your like most and already using 5/16” for current setup, might as well stick with it. The biggest thing will be to keep all connection exposed. The more a system is spread out, the more difficult locating small leaks can be.

Did you just run the typical clear PVC line? It will be a breeze to run continuous runs since the whole area will have a suspended ceiling. I can then drop them down through partition walls and make a nice neat install.

Back