Regulator Relocation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smashing

Reaction score
Has anyone plumbed their regulator away from the tank? I have a very small house and I can't see the reg where I need to put my tank. I know we're talking a lot of PSI here so obviously no PVC or tubing but what about copper or black iron pipe?

Has anyone plumbed their regulator away from the tank? I have a very small house and I can't see the reg where I need to put my tank. I know we're talking a lot of PSI here so obviously no PVC or tubing but what about copper or black iron pipe?

Don't forget, once you set the regulator and get it dialed in, you'll rarely have to look at it. My regulator is right on the other side of my kegerator and i don't think i've seen it for 4 months.

Don't forget, once you set the regulator and get it dialed in, you'll rarely have to look at it. My regulator is right on the other side of my kegerator and i don't think i've seen it for 4 months.

That is true but I'd like to put in a split for a "utility" line to do thinks like push transfers, cleaning and such. Most of those things I don't want to do with the 11 psi my kegerator uses so I would need access to the reg. No thoughts on metal pipe?

i have - i used copper tubing and flare nuts. i have also manifolded multiple gauges in different locations off one bottle using galvanized threaded pipe. I had no problems, but changing the bottle was always a pain (20 pound bottle- so not often). But i am happier since i relocated everything and made a place for my bottle and regs.

What about a standard double regulator on the tank set at 30 psi which feeds into a bank of secondary regulators elsewhere?

Back