regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a right hand thread so you just need to rotate the shut off valve counter clockwise. Make sure that you put the wrench nearest to the threadson the valve. If you start wrenching on the part near the barb you will break the loctite that secures it into the SAE threads (not pipe threads) and it will leak!

If you are having trouble backing out the valve, my suggestion would be to put the regulator body in a vise and get a bigger wrench and lay into it. If your careful you won't break anything.

Actually, don't try to turn the valve where the nuts (hexagon) are.

I changed out 2 of these last weekend. Place a cresent wrench on the center to grab where the lever rotates and unscrew it. It'll come off.

Also, place the splitter on first then the valves or else the slplitter won't screw on.

I also rotated the valves so they are facing away from the tank. Then I rotated the splitter at an angle (the forward one almost touching the tank) so I can access both valves more easily.

Don't forget 3-4 wraps of teflon tape. ;)

Back