regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TGreen588

Reaction score
So lately my new obsession has been kegging and DIY kegorators.

So heres my dilema, I want to run at least 3 kegs off one CO2 tank, however throughout my reasearch ive seen many people with multipule regulators running from the main reg to distribute their beer at different serving pressures. Is it that important for homebrews to be run at exactly the right pressure? Or is ok to run them all at a generic 12-14 psi?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Certain beers are made to be served at certain pressures. Some people are really into it and exact, others like myself compromise and keep all beer at the same pressure. I've recently upgraded my kegerator and have two regulators now. The first one is set for a higher pressure in case I want to serve soda or higher carbonated beers, it feeds another regulator which is set for 12psi and gives me somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5 vol of CO2.

A seperate regulator for each keg is really not necessary in my opinion.

I too run my different kegged beer styles at the same temp and PSI. I'm not enough of a purist to go to the next step.

But I do appreciate good beer well enough to keep my keezer in the lower 40's, and not 32F.

I am going to be running 2 from the same regulator, but with a 2 line manifold:

Regulator > valve 1 - valve 2 > kegs

Thanks guys! Appreciate the help, glad to hear its not a big issue

Tom

Back