Regulator pressure creeping up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonmo

Reaction score
I own a keg co dual regulator for my 3 tap kegerator. It's less than 1 year old and has been working fine. Suddenly, the pressure won't stay stable at 12psi. It keeps creeping up and up, over pressuring my kegs. I've spent the last 2 weeks fussing with the system, and have gotten to the point where I've disconnected all my kegs (tired of the over pressure issues) and just have an empty keg hooked up. Trying to figure out the cause. Anyone else ever have this issue? If the regulator was older I might assume it's broken but I'd be surprised if it died in less than a year.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Do you have a check valve attached to your regulator? If not, some beer could have backed up into your regulator at some time. That could cause inconsistencies.

I do not have a check valve. If beer has backed up into the regulator, is it repairable?

Usually you can disassemble, clean and rebuild.
If your reg uses a replaceable cartridge, you may have to replace that part if it got fouled.
The key is whether you can obtain a rebuild kit. Many inexpensive regs are not supported by replacement parts.

But all that may be putting the cart in front of the horse. I've had new regulators suddenly start creeping after months of use and discovered upon dis-assembly that the cartridge had not been properly seated in its bore...

Cheers!

That sounds to me like a bad regulator. I had the kegco dual gauge and it was working fine until I changed the CO2 tank. Mine was sudden though, it would immediately rise higher and higher then trip the safety valve and start all over again. You probably have the same thing wrong with it on a smaller level. Call them, they replaced mine free of charge but I've just switched out to a Taprite and am keeping the new kegco, which worked fine for the short time I used it, as a backup. These models are known to fail so I wanted something I could trust.

Rev.

I have a Kegco as well. Mine had the same problem. I called and they sent me a new regulator, no questions asked. That solved the problem. It has been working well for a year. Their customer service was great.

Thanks everyone for responding to this. Much appreciated. I have contacted Kegco and hopefully will get a replacement sent out. Good to know others have had this issue. Love this forum.

Back