Regulator Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckwheat Brewing

Reaction score
I have this regulator and was wondering if its possible to add a secondary regulator to this or would I only be able to use a splitter or manifold. I'm setting up my kegerator with 3 lines and wanted to be able to have one with its own pressure so if I want to force carb quickly. Thanks for any info:mug:

1111micromatic.jpg

You could add a second body:
Results for *Components:Regulators:Chudnow (in-house):Add a body

You can add splitters.

You could also add low pressure secondary regulators, so one gas line leaving your main regulator body, feeding a set of three low pressure regulators you can set to all different pressures:
Results for *Components:Regulators:Chudnow (in-house):Secondary:3 body

If you are fine with the 1 pressure setting, you could also setup an air distributor:
Air Distributer - 3 way, With Check Valves, Choose Your Size!

Lots of options, depending on how many types of pressures you want.

I have a 2 body regulator, both with a splitter. (so 2 pressures, 2 lines for each pressure) 2 lines (1 from each pressure) to go into the keezer. 2 lines to stay outside of the keezer for other purposes.

Inside the keezer, each line goes to a 2-way distributor, so I can have 4 kegs on gas in the keezer - 2 different pressures.

Thanks for the quick response! I would like to have two separate pressures. If I add the secondary and use that as one line and use a splitter on the other regulator that would give me 3 total lines with 2 different pressures. So to add the secondary do I unscrew the left gauge and hook the secondary to that port?

First - you'd add a second body, not a secondary. An important note because KegConnection calls their "low pressure" regulators secondaries. They can take 30 PSI from your main regulator, but couldn't do the main pressure from your CO2 tank. So you want a second regulatory body...but not a secondary. :) At least that is my interpretation of the parts lingo.

I'm 99% sure you do exactly as you described, but that is the one thing I have not done. I ordered mine as a 2 body regulator, then did the rest of the work. I didn't want to mess with the actual regulator bodies - although I guess I did because of the check valves and splitters.

I think that is the way to go. If you call Keg Connection or Keg Cowboy, they'll do a good job of talking you through it as you place your order. I've found both of their customer service to be pretty good with that.

Oh - and I didn't mention check valves. You want one on each gas line. Be sure whoever you order from includes these. My initial order did not have it (from Williams Brewing) which was stupid. Before I could use it I needed to add them to each line.

Back