Regulator gauge wont screw all the way in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffb666

Reaction score
Just bought a new replacement regulator gauge 0-30psi version. My old gauge would screw in so when tight the front of the gauge would face front. On the new one, when tightened all the way, it ends up being about 45 degree angle or so from facing front. Both gauges are exactly the same. Any thoughts on this? Do I need to replace a washer or something like that?

I have tried with and without teflon tape and its the same. Why would teflon tape make it screw in BETTER?

Screw the gauge in as far as it will go, and if it doesn't leak, don't worry about it. These are probably 1/4" NPT which is a tapered thread. It will screw in until it gets tight, and no two will tighten up exactly the same. If you can apply a bit more force, it may turn where you want, but be careful about how much force and how you hold the regulator. There are no washers, etc.

H.W.

it def WORKS, its just turned at an angle so its very difficult to read when in the kegerator behind 2 kegs and hoses etc...

Latest posts

Back