Regulator doesn't stop building up pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beervoid

Hophead & Pellet Rubber
Reaction score
Hello,

I've just run into a problem with my regulator. It's less then 5 month old and maybe used on 2 batches.

Even when the regulator is dialed down as far as possible, as soon as I turn on the gas pressure starts building up and it doesn't stop till the security valve lets out pressure.

There is no way to regulate it.

Does anyone know what could be the problem and if it's fixable?

Cheers

That's not good, something is sticking, inside. Have you had beer back up into it?

What brand/model is it? Any warranty?

I believe a breached diaphragm will cause the observed behavior. A direct path from the high pressure rail through the diaphragm breach to the low pressure side ought to pop a PRV.

Replacing a diaphragm shouldn't take more than a few minutes...

Cheers!

Reg is bad or jammed. Same thing on mine not long ago. Wasn't aware of rebuild options, but new one keeps pressure where it should be

So, I tried to open it to see if there was anything wrong. One rubber was bad, replaces it.
Put the regulator back on the gas tank. Tested it and now when I turn it all the way to minus it doesnt go up anymore.
Spinned the knob to set pressure and it seems to regulate again.
Problem is gas is coming out through a little hole on the front where the regulator knob is attached to.
Tried to re open the thing again and it just broke in half.
Its a regulator from kegland.
Wouldnt recommend this product. Very low quality.

Back