Refrigeration Temp for Bottled Homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bglass77

Reaction score
My beer fridge has a temperature controller on it, which I use to keep my bottled homebrew at 50f. I've used this temperature to mimic the low end of cellaring temps, as well as to have the beer pour in a glass at roughly 53f (given the ambient temp of the glasses in the cupboard, room temp, etc).

Should I be refrigerating my beer colder? Is it better to have it chilled cooler than 50f and then let is rise to temp after I've poured? Or is my "ready to serve temp" method just fine?

I think it depends on the style of beer. I like my stouts and porters a bit warmer (like your 50-53 degrees) because it lets the flavor come through better, but I'd prefer my Budweiser colder, much colder since there isn't a whole lot of flavor there. If your beers form a good head and retain it well, you shouldn't need it stored any colder.

Back