Red dog beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iparks81

Reaction score
Where can I find it!!!

I've been in kindof a BMC mood recently and I remember liking red dog better than most...I havnt looked for it in quite a while, but when I looked recently in a few stores I came up empty handed.

A housemate in college used to drink it about 5 years ago. It was only $9.99 for a 30 pack.

I went through a lot of that over a two year period in college... then it went away. Before that icehouse was all the rage... and before that there was a beer that was discontinued and I can't remember anymore but was cheap and it had the word natural in it but wasn't natty light.... It may have been natty bo?... oh well. those brain cells are long gone.

Golden anniversary beer is dirt cheap AND far better than bmc in my opinion

THEY'RE MAKING IT AGAIN!!!! I was getting sentimental myself and looked into this past summer. It ceased production about 10 yrs ago but was recently resurrected. I went to my local MC distributor's website and found that they stock it. I called them and they let me know the Meijer right behind my work's parking lot has it. It's as good as you remember...... Good luck.

yea, I knew they must have put it back into production because my girlfriend and I went to dinner at some family friends house and I saw some in his fridge....but the search is still on!

Where can I find it!!!

I've been in kindof a BMC mood recently and I remember liking red dog better than most...I havnt looked for it in quite a while, but when I looked recently in a few stores I came up empty handed.

I can get 16oz. tallboys of it at the beer store up the road from my house. It's out there. You just have to find it.

Ah, Red Dog. I thought it was very good for what it is. Key words - for what it is. It’s not Munich Helles, it’s not a Festbier, it’s not a decoction mashed German pilsener.

Before the one and only homebrew competition I ever sponsored back when I had my homebrew shop, I gave the judges this blind as the “calibration” beer. I just said the category it was - back then I think it was American Light/Premium lager or something like that. Lot of great comments and high scores. After all the 42s and 43s on the 50 scale, I took the brown bag off the bottle and showed the Red Dog label. I got alot of stink eye and I think some of them believe I played some kind of trick. Like I said, its very good “for what it is” when you think of it that way.

These days Landshark is my go to lawn mower beer. I know its AB pretending to be “Margaritaville Brewing Company” and making people think of Jimmy Buffet. But Landshark is also great “for what it is.”

FROM THE GRAVE!!

⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰

BTW Red Dog was the favorite of my my 98 grandpa when they made it. Came across a bottle on display on a pub in Dublin Ireland few years back. Capped and 2/3 full. Good memories

FROM THE GRAVE!!

⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰

BTW Red Dog was the favorite of my my 98 grandpa when they made it. Came across a bottle on display on a pub in Dublin Ireland few years back. Capped and 2/3 full. Good memories
What happened to the other 1/3?

"Be Your Own Dog"

Red Dog.png

When I was in college, the "cheap beer" was Leinenkugels. Yup it was as cheap as Bud, Miller, Stroh's, etc..
homebrudoc

Leinenkugels isn't cheap any more, that's for sure.

yeah, and when i was at the crappy liquor store. thought to myself, haven't bought any alcohol in a while...maybe a twelver, saw a twelve pack of MGD for like $9 (but it was mislabeled) went to the register, he rang it up for $15..i was like say what! i can buy a twelve pack of Sierra Nevada Pale ale for that much! but he came over and said yeah, that was a mistake, there's no way i'd sell "MGD" for that cheap. if you want the stupid 4 pack that was supposed to be there i'll swap it out.

i stopped shopping there. and am still glad beer is easy to make and i don't really ever HAVE to buy any....

i stopped shopping there. and am still glad beer is easy to make and i don't really ever HAVE to buy any....

You said it. Just placed an order with my LHBS for the ingredients to brew the 'Miller Lite Really Triple Hopped' recipe from the ale recipe forum. I've never brewed anything using amylase enzyme before, so it's going to be an interesting brewing session.

You said it. Just placed an order with my LHBS for the ingredients to brew the 'Miller Lite Really Triple Hopped' recipe from the ale recipe forum. I've never brewed anything using amylase enzyme before, so it's going to be an interesting brewing session.

if you're trying to brew miller lite, i hope it was gluco, and not alpha. PM me or something with results, i'm seriously considering trying my hand at malting corn. i tried just doing a cereal mash with cracked corn, but it was, corn on the cob not miller.

and say...lol, to bad you don't have this for "Red Dog" ;)

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/re..._f9eapNgEHGqvqu2STWvP7ctkAqFWA-xoCN14QAvD_BwE

if you're trying to brew miller lite, i hope it was gluco, and not alpha. PM me or something with results, i'm seriously considering trying my hand at malting corn.

It's this recipe here. Blonde Ale - Miller Lite (Really Triple Hopped) Seeing how it's the first time I've ever brewed it, I'm following the instructions to the letter, and then I'll figure out if there's any tweaks I can make next time around.

Seeing how it's the first time I've ever brewed it,

yeah, that's my concern because most generically labeled "amylase" is alpha. and it won't be a low calorie/carb beer...

but i want to know how flaked corn tastes, i've seen about 12 miller clone threads so far in my two years here. and i'm getting interested, i wouldn't mind having some miller lite in rotation!

yeah, that's my concern because most generically labeled "amylase" is alpha. and it won't be a low calorie/carb beer...

but i want to know how flaked corn tastes, i've seen about 12 miller clone threads so far in my two years here. and i'm getting interested, i wouldn't mind having some miller lite in rotation!

I'll be brewing this up next weekend most likely. I'll definitely keep you posted on the results.

AE in the mash - will turbo convert everything to fermentable sugar. use this for my Bruts

Back