Recommended hops for NW Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most would.

I've got Tomahawk/Zeus, Cascade, and Chinook(I think) growing up the front of my building, and Cascade, Mt Hood, and one other I can't remember out back.

Seem to grow fine in chicago. Got about 7oz dried from the Tomahawk/Zeus this year. I think it was a 2nd year plant (previous renter was a homebrewer too)

Cool, I definitely want to plant Cascade and three other varieties. I'm not to familiar with Tomahawk/Zeus. I like Columbus and Amarillo, But I haven't seen anyone selling rhizomes for those types. So I'm not sure which ones I want to plant. I'm thinking of planting two aroma hops and two bittering hops. Anyone have any idea's for me on what I should plant.

Thanks

I'm not to familiar with Tomahawk/Zeus. I like Columbus and Amarillo, But I haven't seen anyone selling rhizomes for those types. So I'm not sure which ones I want to plant. I'm thinking of planting two aroma hops and two bittering hops. Anyone have any idea's for me on what I should plant.

Its believed that Tomahawk and Zeus are genetically identical to Columbus. They're proprietary cultivars. Mine were planted by the previous owner, so I'm just going off the little tag hanging near the plant.

You won't find amarillo rhizomes. Its another proprietary hop.

Back