recommended brew stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repomanz

Reaction score
Hi folks - I was wondering what is the recommended approach for a brew stand with the following equipment.

1) 2 x kab4 banjo burners
2) 2 x 15.5 keggles
3) 1 x 10 gallon mash tun
4) 2 propane tanks
5) 1 chugger pump

I'm guessing I need a 2 level stand since i have a pump? Any great examples or plans to work off of?

J

Ditto on the link above. Spend some serious time going through it and see the setups people have done. Then sit back and think about how you want to approach brewing. There is no one way or right/wrong way. There is just your way and what works for you.

It appears i can have a single tier system with 1 pump. Is that correct? So I can transfer from HTL to Mashtun (either batch or sparge) and then pump to boil kettle?

You can make this into a single tier with one pump. That will limit you to batch sparging. If you add a pump or a tier you will be able to fly sparge. That decision is really up to you. Lots of seasoned brewers use both methods. You could also add RIMS or HERMS to this in the future with only one pump.

I suggest you build it so when you have to replace the cooler you won't be limited to only getting another cooler. You may want to switch to a pot or keg for you MLT at some point. I'm not saying you will but if you build it with flexibility I think you'll be happier with it in the end.

I really like the shape of the Sabco Brew Magic stands.

brmg_angl2_wt-228x228.jpg

Back