Recommendations in South FL?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tequesta Brewing in Tequesta is amazing. It's probably my favorite place down here. It does get crowded on the weekends, though. Civil Society in Jupiter has some incredible New England Style IPAs and is really making a name for themselves. Das Biergarten is a 60 second walk from there and has a good tap list and menu. There is a good Cuban place a short walk away.

Craft Beer City is a really good bottle shop in Jupiter.

Heading south, there is Twisted Trunk in Palm Beach Gardens, which has a bunch of solid beers and a great staff. They have a turpene-lemon saison right now that is definately worth a try. There are bands on the weekends and a fun crowd. You can get a pizza delivered from Big Apple.

West Palm has Dixie Bar and Grill. Excellent brewpub. Excellent tap list which includes some of their own.

Ookapow is pretty new. It's worth stopping by if you are downtown, but I personally wouldn't make it a destination.

Matthew's is about 15 minutes further south and is brand new. Great beers, rotating cask ales, outdoor beergarden, live music and walking distance from the Lake Worth strip. The strip itself is less upscale (and more fun) than a lot of stuff down here. Good restaurants and bars.

Fifteen minutes further south is a cluster of three breweries in Boynton. Due South, Copperpoint and NOBO. They are all a short walk from each other. Copperpoint has the best beers IMO, Due South is good as well and the tap room is huge (three cornhole setups *in* the taproom...) but casual. NOBO is small and has some interesting beers.

There are plenty more further south. Boca has the Funky Buddha Lounge (Different than the Funky Buddha Brewery) which is a little, dark, hipstery place that gets some really good live acts in. The Funky Buddha Brewery in Ft. Lauderdale probably isn't worth the drive, but if you are in the neighborhood it's worth stopping in. The place is huge and has pretty good food. Their beer isn't bad, but there are plenty of closer places with better beer. They do like to add all sorts of flavors to their beer, if that is your thing. Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, Last Snow, flavored berliners, etc. Wynwood in Miami is worth a trip even if there weren't several amazing breweries down there. The Brightline (high speed train) might get you within Uber distance to Miami from West Palm Beach.

If I was an out of town visitor, I would very happy with Tequesta Brewing and Civil Society. Twisted Trunk if you can make the drive.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Back