Recommendations for 2.5 Gal Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bprichar

Reaction score
I just did a major downsize in living space, so I am also doing a major downsize in homebrew setup. I still want to be able to keg and have two things on tap at once. My plan is to start doing 1 or 2 gallon batches and get some 2.5 gal kegs.

Has anybody built a kegerator with two 2.5 gal kegs? Attached is what I'm thinking I would put in it, I just need to figure out what fridge will fit it.

Does anybody know of the smallest mini-fridge that will fit two 2.5 gal kegs and a 2.5 lb CO2 tank with dual regulator? Is there a model of 1.7 or 2.4 cu. ft. fridge that will fit that, or will I have to go another size up? I suppose if I had to I could run the CO2 lines in from the outside, but I'd rather not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'll be sure to post a build thread.

Screenshot from 2017-02-19 20-04-40.png

Im a fan of the Morebeer torpedo slimline kegs own a few of the 1.5g ones that I use for stovetop batches. My 1.5g stack and I think the 2.5g do as well. You could likely figure out some interesting combinations to get more on tap in a small space.

I bought this fridge off amazon and have 2x2.5Gallon kegs and my CO2 tank in there with the only mods being taking the middle shelves out. I haven't "built" it yet, just did a test fitting to see if I had to trim the door. Since the 2.5 G kegs are shorter it all fits. The kegs go in the back and the CO2 tank in the front center.
Current model: Danby DAR044A5BSLDD
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUg_h_rAyGo&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

I plan on putting two more taps in, because it can fit 4 of those kegs (2 stacks). It was a fun, but very time consuming project. I can share more details if anybody is interested.

Check the diameters of the kegs you plan to buy. Two skinnier ones will fit on most bar fridges. You might need to dremel some plastic though make sure its not a bar fridge with the bulged out bottom shelf at the back half.

I went from a bar fridge to a keezer using only 2.5g kegs. I actually wish i would have just went with a full size stand up freezer with taps out the front. Itd be easier to deal with and the smaller kegs would fit good in them, unlike the 5g.

Back