Recommendation on how to hold my kettle up on Brutus stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndinh

Reaction score
My brutus stand was built without those cross braces to hold up my kettle which was just sitting on my heatshield. Now that I've moved my heatshield down a bit (had flame going back down issues) I have nothing holding up my kettle. The opening is 13.5" and my kettle is a little smaller in diameter so it falls through. Do you guys/gals have any suggestions on what I can buy aftermarket to hold up my kettle?

brewstand.jpg

4 pieces of 1 (plus?) inch angle iron, bolted inside the opening.
The screws holding the metal shields on, are probably "self tappers", and probably not stout enough to hold your kettle.
You could get some larger diameter ones, and utilize the existing hole pattern, and add an extra betwixt the two existing bolts.

Make it flush with the top of your frame, I would think, if that's where your heatshield was originally sitting.

4 pieces of 1 (plus?) inch angle iron, bolted inside the opening.
The screws holding the metal shields on, are probably "self tappers", and probably not stout enough to hold your kettle.
You could get some larger diameter ones, and utilize the existing hole pattern, and add an extra betwixt the two existing bolts.

Make it flush with the top of your frame, I would think, if that's where your heatshield was originally sitting.

Thanks. I've found SS brackets that should work because they already have holes in them. Also found self tapping SS screws that may withstand the heat.

Excellent!
Just make sure, that the diameter of the screws is stout enough to hold the weight!
I would go NO smaller, than 1/4 dia., with 5/16 making me feel better!

Back