Recommendation needed on re-carbonating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wscott823

Reaction score
I made a 10G batch of BrandonO's Graff and was a little turned off by the tartness. I added a few cans of apple concentrate to backsweeten and figured I should add some potassium sorbate while I was at it to avoid refermentation. Consequently I forgot the fact I need fermentation for bottle conditioning, so here I am in a catch22. It wasn't til after I bottled that I discovered you should add potassium sorbate a few days before bottling.

The batch has been bottled for about 10 days, but the carbonation is nearly non-existent. My wife was really hoping for some fizz to this. Is there a good way of re-bottling and effectively carbonating my brew now?

Any input would be appreciated.

I made a 10G batch of BrandonO's Graff and was a little turned off by the tartness. I added a few cans of apple concentrate to backsweeten and figured I should add some potassium sorbate while I was at it to avoid refermentation. Consequently I forgot the fact I need fermentation for bottle conditioning, so here I am in a catch22. It wasn't til after I bottled that I discovered you should add potassium sorbate a few days before bottling.

The batch has been bottled for about 10 days, but the carbonation is nearly non-existent. My wife was really hoping for some fizz to this. Is there a good way of re-bottling and effectively carbonating my brew now?

Any input would be appreciated.

Once you add sorbate, you shouldn't get any more fermentation. It doesn't go away- it's in there to stay.

Latest posts

Back