recomend quality pilsner/lager kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spybrew

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am new to brewing and i just bought the coopers DIY kit, a coopers lager that came with it is on its way bottled after primary.
I really like staropramen beer and would like to ask if anyone knows a very good lager/pilsner kit that can be similar to staropramen or generally a very decent lager/pilsner. I dont have much equioment just a fermentation bucket and can probably buy a secondary fermentation barell if necessary. As for the temperatures is pretty cold where i live in at the moment and outside in the shed should be round 50 and probably lower during night but probably hotter during the day.
Generally i am not trying to make the most sophisticated lager/pilsner but one than can be similar to staropramen and can be enjoyed without doing too much complicated stuff as i am new to brewing.
Any little tips will be much appreciated as i am getting really into brewing beer, i really enjoy it and don't want to get disappointed with results from my brews.
Thanks very much for any replies.

I'd stick with ales a for a while if I were you since you're just getting started. Just my .02.

:mug:

Lagers definitely need better temp reg than ales. You need to make sure you can keep lagering temp which is a lot lower than ales temp. With that said, if you can do that, lagers and ales are pretty much the same.

Look at any of the vendors' sites. They will have a lot of lager kits. Any of those will be good. You just need to figure out which style you want to make.

Latest posts

Back