Recipe suggestions for ahtanum hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyacovett

Reaction score
Went to lhbs to pick up an ounce of hops. I asked the owner for something "different". First thing he suggested were Ahtanum. I have never brewed with these before, nor do I think I have had a commercial brew where they were dominant flavor. Now I only have an ounce, and I was binding of using the ounce in he last 5
minutes of the boil.

Does anyone have a recipe for Ahtanum hops, where they are the dominant hop?

If I recall correctly, one of the beers in the Sam Adams deconstructed latitude 48 pack was Ahtanum. Was a pretty solid beer.

Just brewed an Ahtanum Blonde Ale last week.

hopped as follows:
.40 Ahtanum @ 45
.25 Ahtanum @ 20
.25 Ahtanum @ 10
.25 Ahtanum @ 5

Obviously haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Also brewed an IPA a while back with Bravo, Chinook, Ahtanum and Simcoe. It was pretty damn good.

I have a couple pounds of Ahtanum and like to mix it with other hops, especially Simcoe.

If I recall correctly, one of the beers in the Sam Adams deconstructed latitude 48 pack was Ahtanum. Was a pretty solid beer.

I also like the Ahtanum Deconstucted Lat48 beer. I'm thinking my next IPA is going to be a Ahtanum, Simcoe and Amarillo mix....

Back