Recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrNecropolis

Reaction score
I was hoping to get some feedback on something I was wanting to do down the road.

I'm a huge gamer and one of my favorite series is Borderlands and I love a good IIPA, so I want to create one and call it Ultimate Vault Hunter Imperial IPA..

I know virtually nothing as far as hands on goes at this point (don't even have any equipment yet, still researching info)

Anyway here's my idea.. (I'm sure its terrible, that's why I'm asking for help with it)

9.5lbs - Light DME
2oz - Nugget@60
.75oz - Centennial@45
1oz - Centennial@ 30
1oz - Cascade@15
.75 - Centennial@FO
2oz - Cascade DH

Around 64 IBU and 9.2srm with an estimated 8.4% abv is what I come up with..

That's a partial @ 3 gallons..

I plan on racking to secondary, although I have no clue on duration for primary, secondary or conditioning times.. it figured in at around 1.089 OG, I assume it will have to stay in fermentation and bottling longer than some.. I just don't have a clue to how long, I figured 3-4-3 would work..

Any and all help is appreciated..

Like I said.. I don't have any hands on yet.. just wanting to get some ideas and constructive criticism on it..

I would probably push the Centennial@45 to 20 and make it a full ounce. You'll get more flavor that way and basically the same IBU's.

I'd also suggest a little dextrose to help dry it out. Not necessary, but without it you'll end up with a malty IIPA. Maybe drop the DME to 9 lbs and use 1 lb of corn sugar.

Oh, and double your dry hops. +2oz Cascade gets my vote.

Latest posts

Back