Recipe generator from ingredients list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDave1303

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find anything.
Is there any online recipe generator software where I can add a list of all the ingredients I have already, which will then generate some recopies for me.
Reason for asking is that I was given some hops which I have not used before & want to make a decent brew rather than just knock something up which isn't balanced.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I did enter some of my hops into Brewers friend, It came out with recipe's which contained other ingredients which I don't have.
I do remember seeing a website a year or two ago which did come up with recipe's but can't remember what/where it was. If I do find anything I'll post it here for others

I usually make Vacant Gesture Vacant Gesture ~ 440ml Cans & Recipe Download | Harrisons Brewery | The Brew Shed
Challenger at 60 Mins, Mosaic Steep/Whirlpool & Dry hopping
It comes out with a fruity aroma & taste and not too bitter.

Have also made a couple of English ales in the past, Ginger beer, Chimay from a kit which was disappointing. but Vacant Gesture is my favourite.

This is my ingredients list.
I was given the hop freebies (Everything below Mosaic on the list) from an online home brew shop after a delivery was delayed.

1668602359280.png

Hi,

any new updates here? I am struggling to find a solution, of which beer I can brew from my recipe list (around 62 recipes), with the inventory that I have at home.

Thanks

any new updates here? I am struggling to find a solution, of which beer I can brew from my recipe list (around 62 recipes), with the inventory that I have at home.
Are you using recipe software (that includes inventory management)? If so, checking directly with the support forum for that app may be the quickest way to get the best answer.

Beyond that, take a look at the search capabilities for the various shared recipe libraries (BeerSmith, BrewersFriend, BrewFather, AHA, HBT, etc). Something may have changed in the past six months.

Are you using recipe software (that includes inventory management)? If so, checking directly with the support forum for that app may be the quickest way to get the best answer.

Beyond that, take a look at the search capabilities for the various shared recipe libraries (BeerSmith, BrewersFriend, BrewFather, AHA, HBT, etc). Something may have changed in the past six months.

I checked, there is no solution. The only software that I found is BrouwHulp Eroica (BrouwHulp), but it is in Dutch :eek:

Beersmith3 does indeed have a "search recipes for ingredients" function that allows OR'ing or AND'ing of multiple terms. It does have minor issues with ingredients that are listed with their own punctuation, such as "oats, flaked", "orange peel, bitter", "honey - clover" and so on, but those can be worked around by using all their words individually and letting the power of AND do its thing :)

Cheers!

I second the Chat GPT thing. You can use the Playground feature to tailor in what kind of results you get. Watched a brewer on youtube train it to spit out a recipe for a Gold Ale based on the BFs award winning Golds. Or blonde ale.

Either way, it might take a little training the AI, but I don't see it going terribly.

Back