Recipe for All grain GF stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one. I need to wait till I get home to upload it. It's a coffee sweet stout. I think it is a fairly good recipe. It was basically pale with light, amber, and chocolate roast. It had 1# dark candi syrup and 12oz lactose. The coffee was added ground bean to the secondary. Fermented with S-04. However, I don't remember any of the water additions.

I will get it for you then.

Sorry, had a business meeting last night.:tank: Here ya go! I adjusted the efficiency to 60% because I am unsure what you might get. I think this stout hits all the right notes for a coffee sweet stout. I can upload a picture if you wanna take a look at it.

Add 8oz or more of ground coffee directly to the fermenter for 7 days. Also, you can replace the homemade candi syrup with D-90 syrup. Along with all of this; Grouse no longer makes the same dark, light, and medium roast. I would keep everything the same but, use less dark roast. It's much darker now.

I can't seem to find my notes on water chemistry. If I remember correctly... I used a normal stout profile but, bumped up the chloride and sodium. The sodium was the important one from what I remember.

Other than that, have fun with it! Let us know if you come up with something. :mug:

Recipe: Kaldi's Heresy
Brewer: Osedax
Asst Brewer:
Style: Sweet Stout
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (30.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Boil Size: 7.00 gal
Post Boil Volume: 5.50 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 5.50 gal
Bottling Volume: 5.25 gal
Estimated OG: 1.059 SG
Estimated Color: 35.1 SRM
Estimated IBU: 24.2 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 60.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 66.0 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
12 lbs White Millet (2.0 SRM) Grain 62.3 %
1 lbs 4.0 oz Dark Roasted White Millet (250.0 SRM) Grain 6.5 %
1 lbs Corn, Flaked (1.3 SRM) Grain 5.2 %
1 lbs Crystal 60 Red Millet (60.0 SRM) Grain 5.2 %
1 lbs Medium Roast White Millet (100.0 SRM) Grain 5.2 %
12.0 oz Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 3.9 %
8.0 oz Light Roasted White Millet (20.0 SRM) Grain 2.6 %
12.0 oz Milk Sugar (Lactose) (0.0 SRM) Sugar 3.9 %
1.00 oz Glacier [5.90 %] - Boil 90.0 min Hop 24.2 IBUs
1.0 pkg SafAle English Ale (DCL/Fermentis #S-04) Yeast -
1 lbs Homemade Candi Syrup (Dark) (90.0 SRM) Sugar 5.2 %

Mash Schedule: Temperature Mash, 2 Step, Full Body
Total Grain Weight: 19 lbs 4.0 oz
----------------------------
Name Description Step Temperat Step Time
Saccharification Add 7.31 gal of water and heat to 156.0 156.0 F 30 min
Mash Step Add 0.00 gal of water and heat to 163.0 163.0 F 30 min

Thanks. I won't be able to reproduce this exactly since I malt my own millet. I'll try to figure something out. Thanks for

No problem. It came out fantastic for me. Hope it works out for you. Let us know how it goes.

Back