receipe for Stella Artois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sefrayser

Reaction score
I have a new brew shop locally. They will make a kit to your recipe. I want to try to make a Stella. Does anyone have a recipe for that? Also Im looking for an extract recipe.

Not sure what you mean by equipment to Lager? I am pretty new to this. All the recipes I have read say to ferment at like 40 degree's F and it takes up to 12+ weeks?

Not sure what you mean by equipment to Lager? I am pretty new to this. All the recipes I have read say to ferment at like 40 degree's F and it takes up to 12+ weeks?

No, for a lager (not an ale), you'd ferment at 50 degrees for about 10 days, raise to 60-65 degrees for two days, then rack to a carboy and hold at 34-40degrees for about 6 weeks. It's not really hard, but it does require very strict fermentation temperature control.

For newer brewers, that is often hard to do as they may not have the equipment to do it. It's also hard to make something like Stella with extract, but maybe the extra light dry malt extract could work.

First the standard disclaimer... lagers are very difficult to brew as good as the pros do. You can get something in that general range but don't expect to brew something as good as you can buy without a lot of practice.

Stella/ABI advertises they use corn, and you can tell by the taste. My guess would be to make a grain bill of about 80/20 german pilsner malt to corn giving you 1.045 pre-boil, and 1.050 post-boil, do a decoction or two (the beer is gold, not yellow as the grains alone would give), hop at 15-18 IBUs, and ferment cold with a clean lager yeast. That would put you in the ballpark.

Back