Ready for the fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfink519

KCHOPYARD
Reaction score
So I have a space issue. Do the bottles have to go in the fridge or are they ok sitting out? I tasted and they are ready for drinking. But again I have nonsoaxe in the fridge for it all.

Bottles do not have to go in the fridge until you want to drink them. They won't go "bad" sitting at room temp. Actually, many beers benefit from extended room temp conditioning. I've had some that sat for a year or more before I drank them. Just be sure they are somewhere where they won't freeze (unheated garage) or get too hot (attic).

Also, store them out of contact with UV light prevent some off flavors. I have a shelf for my bottled beer that is in a dim area and I throw an old sheet over them.

So I have a space issue. Do the bottles have to go in the fridge or are they ok sitting out? I tasted and they are ready for drinking. But again I have nonsoaxe in the fridge for it all.

Have you ever seen stacks of cases of beer in your local market? I have, and there should be no problem as long as they are not in direct sunlight.

The few that you do put in the fridge, it is best to put them in a few days before you plan to drink them to allow the yeast to compact to the bottom of the bottle. Also, when pouring it is best to pour slow and leave the last 1/4in in the bottle (unless you are making something like a hefeweizen where you want all of that yeast).

what about kegs of beer that have been carbed up....okay to sit outside the fridge out of direct sunlight in a stable temp environment?

what about kegs of beer that have been carbed up....okay to sit outside the fridge out of direct sunlight in a stable temp environment?

Since kegs are light proof you can store them anywhere that they don't get too hot or cold. Sunlight will have no effect on them except to get them hot. I recommend letting kegs that are sealed set in a warm place to let the beer mature quicker.

After dealing with all these bottles i think i want to use a keg instead!

After dealing with all these bottles i think i want to use a keg instead!

Many people like kegs but it changes the type of problems you can run into. Things like faucets, kegerators, line length and when to clean the lines. It isn't a cure, just a different set of problems to learn about.:rockin:

I like a variety of different beers so if I were to keg, I'd need a bunch of kegs, a big kegerator, lots of faucets, etc. I brew smaller batches so I don't have to spend a lot of time bottling at a time and because of that I often have 6 to 15 varieties of beer to choose from. Just label them so I know what I have and pop the appropriate bottles into the fridge.:mug:

Back