Reading/Lancaster/Allentown bulk HOP buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TOTAL POUNDS: 70

kds1398 CONFIRMED PAID- Cascade (2), Columbus (1), Magnum (1), Northern Brewer (1), Nugget (1), Williamette (1), GR Hallertau MF (1), UK EKG (1), Summit (1)

idratherbeinmexico CONFIRMED PAID- Cascade (1), Magnum (1)

Mrott CONFIRMED PAID- Cascade (1), Chinook (1), Summit (1), Tettnang (1)

milldoggy CONFIRMED PAID- GR Hallertau (1), Golding (1), Fuggle (1), Cascade (1)

KoedBrew CONFIRMED PAID- Cascade (1), Summit (1), Mt. hood (1)

Dukeman9988 CONFIRMED PAID- Cascade (1), GR Hallertau (1)

o4_srt CONFIRMED PAID- Golding (2), GR Hallertau (1)

mjwitz CONFIRMED PAID- Golding (1), Tettnang (1), GR Hallertau (1)

GermanRockit CONFIRMED PAID- Golding (1), Cascade (1), Sterling (1), Williamette (1)

tieflyer CONFIRMED PAID- Cascade (2)

Kaz CONFIRMED PAID- Williamette (1), Cascade (1), GR Hallertau (1), Summit (1), Golding (1)

mcgearybrewing CONFIRMED PAID- Northern Brewer (1), Cascade (1), Summit (1), GR Hallertau (1)

mn_brew CONFIRMED PAID- Williamette (1), Cascade (1), UK EKG (1), Chinook (1)

Driver CONFIRMED PAID- Cascade (1), Fuggle (1), Hallertau (1), Summit (1), Tettnang (1), Northern Brewer (1)

rianrt CONFIRMED PAID- UK EKG (1)

jturie CONFIRMED PAID- Cascade (1), Goldings (1)

psutimmah CONFIRMED PAID- Cascade (3), EKG (1), Williamette (1), Columbus (1)

TomRep- GR Hallertau (1), Williamette (1), Summit (1), Columbus (1), Galena (1)

looks good to me pm me with the totals when you are fully ready.
Also, I was wondering about the next grain buy if you're doing one.

Koed- never a problem bud!
Rippt- I will hopefully be getting everyones totals out tonight or tomorrow. As for the next grain buy, either the end of this month or sometime in July. More then likely July

Okay, everyone is confirmed and good to go. i will be in contact with Blake today to get our final prices and as said above, hopefully get totals out tonight or tomorrow.
Tom

Looks like Tom accidentally replied to the last grain buy thread. Here is the info for everyone that ordered Saaz:

TomRep said:
Aphex- ill put you on the list for next time.
Okay guys, since i talked to Blake last about getting a quote, he ran out of the imported Saaz as well. So, there is no Saaz available at all. He wanted to know if any of you that ordered Saaz wanted to substitute with Sterling or Perle. Please let me know asap so we can get this thing done. He also said most of the hops that we have several pounds of will be coming in one large bag and need to be split up. So those of you that have vacuum sealers, I could really use you when this all comes together. On a very nice note, shipping will only be $1.10/lb! I will start sending out totals asap to everyone that did not order the Salazar. Thanks!
Tom

My bad guys. Didn't realize he posted in the grain buy thread. Thanks for watching my back kds, someone has too!

I will bring my sealer, I got a few rolls of bags and don't mind sharing if I have some sort of beverage in my hand.

Btw, ready for the grain buy, out of 2 row :(

Tomrep,
Think I could grab it this weekend, want to brew. Or you could come down and check out the kal system. The swmbo is leaving, so I am free!

I'd love to but I hardly have time to go anywhere right now! I have some beers to move around so I can make a batch or two myself this weekend as well as hopefully finishing up and engine swap I'm in the middle of. I will be around this weekend or even tomorrow or friday night, whatever works for you. Just let me know.
tom

Anyway I can possibly 10 lbs of 2 row???? Just bought 22.5 last weekend at Keystone in Bethlehem and ended up paying 37.12, a full $10 more than the pricing strata from Country for 50 lbs....Thanks

Update on the buy as well. Blake got back to me on prices, but I didn't get to work everything out yet. I have totals, but have to figure out PayPal figures on to them as well so you all can see the individual costs for everything and figure out what method of paying you want. Also, I need to get a price on the Sterling hops yet and I haven't heard back from mjwitz to see what he wants to do with his Saaz.
Tom

mcgeary- I think I can cover you there. i have to check my stash but I think I have two unopened 2row sacks yet.

As soon as this hop buy is taken care of I plan to start the grain buy, so you should be brewing more cost effectively soon! Nothing beats a good beer when you know you only paid $15-20 for a 10 gallon batch!

Mcgeary, I could split the sack tom offered if you want, 25 lbs would hold me over till the grain buy.

Tom, might come up this weekend if you don't mind. I can bottle some of my sours for you if you like them, I have a lambic and flanders on tap.

25 for 14.50 (give or take) can't be beaten, even by WallyWorld, that would great....Thank You.....Just have to buy some crystal to hold me over then......Question for you all....Does anybody wash their yeast???? I went through all the posts but the photogs posted show absolutely no cold break only viable yeast, Can I still harvest with some cold break in the mason jars and make a starter?????? Been brewing for over a decade and never came across this question before....Knew about it just never did it....I have three jars in the fridge with a fine layer of good yeast then trub below.....looking for some advice!!!!!!

Thanks

McGeary

I wash yeast, I have 4th gen bel/can wyeast mixec with weihenstepher yeast that makes a great hefe, and a crazy sour brett/lacto yeast cake I can split. the sour cake makes a great lacto in 1 month

Yep, I wash as well. Mcgeary- What crystal are you looking for? May have some of that for you as well.
tom

Latest posts

Back