Reading/Lancaster/Allentown bulk HOP buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom what are we doing about the Centennial? If we can't get Centennial I think I will take Cascade instead.
That 11lb bag of cascade?? Do you think that comes in on big bag and then we have to separate it individually? Or will it be 11lbs of 1 lb bags?
I think there is a lot of room for infections on the hops if we are passin them out from a big bag? I like to dry hop.

Koedbrew- no problems with infections. Hops are naturally a (big medical word inserted here that means they repel/kill infections). Supposedly that why they started using hops in beer back "in the day".

Seems everyone is okay with waiting so thats what we'll do. I really hope he gets more Centennial as well since thats all I ordered for right now. If he doesn't get any in the next shipment, I guess you can replace them with something else or drop them from your order all together. Lets just keep thinking positive! I will have to e-mail him about the 11# bag thing. I have a scale here so that wouldn't be a big deal, but I vacuum seal mine in mason jars, not bags, so that could be a problem.
tom

Hi Tom,

I have to change some of my order since two of my hops are out. I will go with the following:

(1) Willamette
(1) Golding
(1) CZ Saaz (was Saaz)
(1) Cascade (was Sorachi Ace)

I would be interested in waiting on the Centennial. Thankfully, it looks like others are currently in agreement.

kds1398 said:
I'm buying 8 to 10 pounds total. Would you be willing to split my hops into 4oz portions with your sealer in exchange for some sort of trade/compensation?

Sure, I have a bjs size box of bags. Not sure how much material it would take, my sealer tends to waste a bunch, but we could at least do 8oz sizes.

I like liquid compensation :)

I will bring my scale to speed things up also.

milldoggy said:
I like liquid compensation :)

I will bring my scale to speed things up also.

homebrew or commercial?

I can bring a digital scale that works up to 11lb that's supposed to be accurate to 1g if it helps.

That does put us at 11# for the Cascade. I'm not going to remove anyones Centennial as of now. We'll see if he gets some in next week and go from there. If we start changing orders now and he ends up getting some, that will just make for massive confusion on my end.
Tom
ps. Appreciate everyone offering up scales/vacuum sealers! Great group of guys we get in these buys!

I just wanted to post and let everyone on this buy know that I just got my hops from B Crosby Farms. Everything was packed very well and it was easy to do business with the owner, Blake. Good luck with your buy!

Just got an add on for my order, Please add one pound each Summit and Gr Hallertauer
So all together...

Cascade
Northern Brewer
Summit
Gr. Hallertauer

Thanks

Hey all! This buy will be for hops only from B. Crosby hop farm. Talking to Blake, we have to gfet our total order together so I can get our actual prices and shipping. The more we order of one particular variety, the better discount we get for that hop. Shipping will more then likely be around $1.00-1.50/lb depending on our total. This will work the same way as our grain buy in that the orders will be confirmed, payment will come to me, and I will place the order. I will more then likely receive the order at my work so I can go through it right away, then we can plan either a group pickup date at my house or an individual pickup. My zip code is 19522 if you wanted and approximate distance. Hoping to take orders until next weekend (May 15), take payments the following week (May 15th-May 20th), and place the order the following week. Obviously if we have a bunch of people jumping in toward the end of the order date, the dates may be pushed back a bit. Below is a list of the hops that are available. You can go to www.bcrosbyhops.com to get some approximate prices. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Tom

T-90 Hop Pellets
VARIETY (DOMESTIC) ALPHA STATUS

Apollo® 15.0-19.0% In Stock
Bravo® 14.0-17.0% In Stock
Bullion 10.0-12.0% In Stock
Cascade 5.0-7.5% In Stock
Centennial 8.0-11.0% In Stock
Chinook 11.0-13.0% In Stock
Cluster 5.5-8.5% In Stock
Columbus 14.0-16.0% In Stock
Crystal 3.0-4.5% In Stock
Fuggle 4.0-5.5% In Stock
Galena 11.0-13.0% In Stock
Golding 4.0-5.0% In Stock
Hallertau 3.5-5.5% In Stock
Liberty 3.0-5.5% In Stock
Magnum 13.0-15.0% In Stock
Mt. Hood 5.0-8.0% In Stock
Northern Brewer 6.5-7.5% In Stock
Nugget 12.0-14.0% In Stock
Perle 7.0-9.5% In Stock
Saaz 3.5-4.5% In Stock
Sorachi Ace 13.0-15.0% In Stock
Sterling 5.5-7.0% In Stock
Summit 14.0-17.0% In Stock
Tettnang 4.0-5.0% In Stock
Willamette 4.0-6.0% In Stock

(IMPORTED)

CZ Saaz 2.0-4.0% In Stock
GR Hallertau 2.4-4.2% In Stock
UK East Kent Golding 4.0-5.5% In Stock

TOTAL POUNDS: 69

kds1398 CONFIRMED- Cascade (2), Columbus (1), Magnum (1), Northern Brewer (1), Nugget (1), Williamette (1), GR Hallertau MF (1), UK EKG (1), Summit (1)

idratherbeinmexico- Cascade (1), Magnum (1)

Mrott CONFIRMED- Cascade (1), Chinook (1), Summit (1), Tettnang (1)

milldoggy CONFIRMED- GR Hallertau (1), Golding (1), Fuggle (1), Cascade (1)

KoedBrew- Cascade (1), Summit (1), Mt. hood (1)

Dukeman9988 CONFIRMED- Cascade (1), GR Hallertau (1)

o4_srt CONFIRMED- Golding (2), GR Hallertau (1)

mjwitz CONFIRMED- Golding (1), Tettnang (1), CZ Saaz (1), GR Hallertau (1)

GermanRockit CONFIRMED- Golding (1), Cascade (1), CZ Saaz (1), Williamette (1)

tieflyer CONFIRMED- Cascade (2)

Kaz CONFIRMED- Williamette (1), Cascade (1), GR Hallertau (1), Summit (1), Golding (1)

mcgearybrewingCONFIRMED- Northern Brewer (1), Cascade (1), Summit (1), GR Hallertau (1)

mn_brew CONFIRMED- Williamette (1), Cascade (1), UK EKG (1), Chinook (1)

Driver CONFIRMED- Cascade (1), Fuggle (1), Hallertau (1), Summit (1), Tettnang (1), Northern Brewer (1)

rianrt CONFIRMED- UK EKG (1)

jturie CONFIRMED- Cascade (1), Goldings (1)

psutimmah CONFIRMED- Cascade (3), EKG (1), Williamette (1), Columbus (1)

Rippt530- Golding (1), Fuggle (1), Cascade (1)

Okay guys, I e-mailed Blake this morning to find out when we know about the centennial situation. hopefully I will hear back from him sometime today. milldoggy- somehow I missed your message on the last page. Payment will be made before I place the order. PayPal is the preferred methodn as it is the quickest. however. personal check or money order is also acceptable. the money will have to clear my bank before the order is placed though. Cash is also always accepted if you have a way to get it to me. this will be similar to the grain buys in that i will get everyones total together and PM it to you.
tom

Tom:

Way late. Can I order:

1 lb Cascade
1 lb Goldings

If you're closed, that's cool. I will catch you next time around.

Well, I got a responce from Blake. unfortunately, Centennial is out pretty much everywhere. He said none of his suppliers have it at all. If you had Centennial on your list, you can either change it to something else or delete it all together, just let me know which you choose. jturie- The buy is not closed yet so your in and good to go.
Tom

TomRep said:
If you had Centennial on your list, you can either change it to something else or delete it all together, just let me know which you choose.

Just remove my Centennial please Tom

Thanks

Okay, everyone should be updated that replied so far. the list is now on page #6. Wouldn't let me edit the original one.
tom

ok I'll replace my Centennial with chinook... so my order should be as follows:

Cascade (1), Chinook (1), Summit (1), Tettnang (1)

Okay I think all the Centennial is taken care of. GermanRockit- What do you want to do about your Sorachi Ace and Saaz? Both are out. They do have the Imported Saaz though. Let me know.
Tom

TomRep said:
Okay I think all the Centennial is taken care of. GermanRockit- What do you want to do about your Sorachi Ace and Saaz? Both are out. They do have the Imported Saaz though. Let me know.
Tom

Tom,

I will take the following in place of the out of stock items:

(1) CZ Saaz (was Saaz)
(1) Cascade (was Sorachi Ace)

Thank you,
Mike

Sorry I haven't been on here guys, real hectic holiday weekend for me. Germanrockit- i got your replacements but i can't edit them in yet because I'm using my phone right now. I talked to Blake on Thursday and told him i would need our official quote sometime this week. If everyone can check out their orders on page #6 and confirm they are correct, we can be this ball rolling. When i get the quote from Blake i will let you all know what you owe and we should be set. Sorry again about the delay.
Tom

TomRep said:
Sorry I haven't been on here guys, real hectic holiday weekend for me. Germanrockit- i got your replacements but i can't edit them in yet because I'm using my phone right now. I talked to Blake on Thursday and told him i would need our official quote sometime this week. If everyone can check out their orders on page #6 and confirm they are correct, we can be this ball rolling. When i get the quote from Blake i will let you all know what you owe and we should be set. Sorry again about the delay.
Tom

Hey no problem, life gets in the way sometimes, thanks for the update!

Back