Re: Help with Grainger PT100, Auber PID, and 3-pin XLR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cioffi

Reaction score
How do I wire a Grainger (Dwyer) PT100 RTD to my Auber PID? I'm using a 3-pin XLR. The Grainger PT100 only has two wires. So, what do I do with a 3-pin XLR and a 2-wire PT100? I recall something about using jumpers on the Auber PID, but I'm curious if anybody can confirm the proper wiring.

Thanks,
Cioffi

Do you have the model number of your Auber PID ? The pin numbering can vary slightly

The correct method is to connect the pt100 to pins 4 and 5 (no polarity, don't worry) and jumper pin 3 to pin 4. I would put the jumper on the back of the auber unit.

Then on your xlr plug, just use two of the connectors for each of the pt100 wires and just leave the 3rd one unused.

The correct method is to connect the pt100 to pins 4 and 5 (no polarity, don't worry) and jumper pin 3 to pin 4. I would put the jumper on the back of the auber unit.

Then on your xlr plug, just use two of the connectors for each of the pt100 wires and just leave the 3rd one unused.

The XLR connectors should have the pins numbered on each side. Make sure the same wire runs the the same numbered pin for each side of the XLR connector.

Back