ravings of a novice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SciencePig

Reaction score
Making my first red ale. A buddy of mine said he wanted to learn how to make beer and I offered him my literature on Complete Joy of Homebrewing, he declined and said he wanted to pay me to learn. Of course I wanted to say yes but with my somewhat novice skills it would have been wrong of me to accept his money.

In the end he and I agreed that we will have free lessons and learn together, eventually share the cost of brewing eventually leading up to larger batches and all grain brewing, he has a farm that will accommodate a three tier system that my LHBS sells. Well we made plans to start and he dogged out on me three times he felt bad but in the end it was my gain, we are still splitting the cost of the beer and I get the reward of home brew. THe draw back is he doesn't get to learn how to make it. One day he will come around and actually be there for the entire process.

this friend sounds sketchy. the whole situation sounds kind of weird but as long as you aren't getting screwed I guess it is okay.

It is a little odd. He keeps wanting to buy the beer as I continue to say I can't sell it to him. Eventually he got that and the legalities behind why I say I can't sell it.

In the end, as you say, I am not getting screwed. I actually come out ahead. We just half the price of the brew supply and go from there.

Back