Rate me Corona crush.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonaken

Reaction score
I just got a knock off Corona off of Amazon Zander wanted some opinions on the consistency of the crush. Too much? It appears that some if the grains don't even get cracked.

image-3208502044.jpg

I just got a knock off Corona off of Amazon Zander wanted some opinions on the consistency of the crush. Too much? It appears that some if the grains don't even get cracked.

You need to bring it in a bit. You'll get a bunch of flour with a good crush on the corona. I've been a lot happier with corona mill since I started wet milling / conditioning so the husks are mostly intact.

Great guys thanks. Im going to run more and post on this thread for re-evaluation

one of the problems i am seeing is not getting an even crush.

Adjusted it further down. The one on the left is a half turn cranked down. The one on the right is a full turn cranked down. Should I go with one of these or try again?

image-1128512996.jpg

Can't really tell from the pics. I would tighten the mill until there are almost no whole pieces of grain. Virtually every grain should be fairly well broken.

Do you have unbroken grains? Let that be your guide.

I just went thru the same thing with a knock off from walmart, ended up cranking it almost all the way in. The pic on the right looks close but still not fine enough

Thanks for the advise guys. I had a little of store-milled pale malt left over from a previous brew and compared it together until i think i may have a match.

I had to grind 12 pounds of munich and my arms got tired from only 2 lbs. Hooked up the drill to it like many other corona users and it worked great. Only thing was trying to keep the RPMs low.

I get about 65% from batch sparging and using my corona mill. Of course I've used a few tricks from here on keeping the crusher straight and using washers to gap it a little. Search ugly junk corona mill thread.

Careful, if you're using a cordless drill/driver or light duty drill, you could burn the motor out pretty fast. Not saving a whole lot of money that way.

Best low speed budget drill I've found. Use a 20% off coupon or better on top of sale prices. I got mine for ~$32, which isn't even as low as they go.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-half-inch-heavy-duty-spade-handle-drill-93632.html

About 5 clicks out from the slowest speed is what I use, albeit on a much larger Monster Mill.

Back