Raspberry Hefe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukesbb37

Reaction score
Just bottled about 4 days ago and I couldn't wait... and I must say... even tho its only been in bottles 4 days... its one of the best beers ive had. Craft or commercial. It is a great 50:50 mix between the fruit beers that taste like beer with a little flavor and the ones that taste like carbonated welches. I made it as an extract as a experiment but honestly I dont know if I will bother converting to all-grain it just tastes so good.

I stole the hefe recipe off this site so this isn't 100% mine.

And for future reference, this is a great medium between full-on fruit beers that involve sanitation, pectic, freezing, ect and just using extract.

IMG_02421.jpg

Dukes Raspberry Hefe (3 Gallon)
3lb Bavarian Wheat DME

5oz Weyermann Carahell

.75oz Tettnang

wyeast 3065

1 49oz Can of Vintners Harvest raspberry puree

simple huh...

Carahell for 60min @ 150-155ish...

Then add the tettnang and 1/3 of the DMe

Add the last 2/3 DME with 10min left in the boil

I fermented between 65-75 degrees... at room temp... for 3 weeks

Rack onto the puree and shake the hell outta it... then let it go for another 2 weeks....

Bottle.

I'm sure theres a hundred ways to improve it which i will try... but considering its an extract, with fermentation temps all over the place... Its damn good.

Back