Raspberry cheesecake sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steinaken

Reaction score
So i have a recipe for 10L which I am tweaking a little, just wanting some advice to add a hint of cinnamon flavour to it (and possibly some body).

With the cinnamon I was planning to soak a couple of sticks in vodka for a week or so, then pour that vodka into the secondary when I put the brew onto the Raspberries - is this the best approach? Or should I add cinnamon powder to the boil?

With the body/mouthfeel I was going to triple the amount of flaked barley I'm using, hoping to add some body and (good) head retention without altering my SG.

Currently the recipe is as seen below, but im also bumping the toffee malt up to 0.15 from 0.1, and substituting in flaked wheat for the torrified.

This recipe originally tastes pretty good (went onto 1kg of Raspberries), but wanting to tweak it just a little more. Any advice would be great
IMG_20211201_170117.jpg

a tincture might give you a bit more flavor control at packaging... You can add a little at a time to get to the level you want.

Wine Enthusiast recommends roasting the sticks first before soaking in vodka...
https://www.winemag.com/2012/08/30/how-to-make-a-cinnamon-tincture/
That said, in my Christmas Ale,I just throw a couple of sticks in for the last 5-10 min. of the boil.

a tincture might give you a bit more flavor control at packaging... You can add a little at a time to get to the level you want.

That said, in my Christmas Ale,I just throw a couple of sticks in for the last 5-10 min. of the boil.

I honestly won't know until its all done. The cinnamon should be barely detectable I'm thinking, just the tiniest hint in there for a touch more character.. How much does the cinnamon come through in your Christmas Ale?

So i have a recipe for 10L which I am tweaking a little, just wanting some advice to add a hint of cinnamon flavour to it (and possibly some body).

With the cinnamon I was planning to soak a couple of sticks in vodka for a week or so, then pour that vodka into the secondary when I put the brew onto the Raspberries - is this the best approach? Or should I add cinnamon powder to the boil?

With the body/mouthfeel I was going to triple the amount of flaked barley I'm using, hoping to add some body and (good) head retention without altering my SG.

Currently the recipe is as seen below, but im also bumping the toffee malt up to 0.15 from 0.1, and substituting in flaked wheat for the torrified.

This recipe originally tastes pretty good (went onto 1kg of Raspberries), but wanting to tweak it just a little more. Any advice would be great View attachment 750805
I was just curious if you ever perfected this recipe. I have been looking to do a cheesecake sour and your recipe looks the most promising.

Back