Rare Barrel Founder's Society

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I am saying the merch/merch value was essentially worthless IMO. Do you place a $50 value on yet another growler? I sure as hell don't. And I still haven't used my merch value for this year. I guess I'll order an overpriced T-shirt or something that will include shipping in the cost.

Yes, we were getting something for that extra money, but it wasn't something we wanted, nor even close to a good value.

I guess I am saying the merch/merch value was essentially worthless IMO. Do you place a $50 value on yet another growler? I sure as hell don't. And I still haven't used my merch value for this year. I guess I'll order an overpriced T-shirt or something that will include shipping in the cost.

Yes, we were getting something for that extra money, but it wasn't something we wanted, nor even close to a good value.
Oh no I for sure agree 100%. I wish all memberships would be just beer. I don't need a 15th brewery member shirt or a 20th growler to put in a cupboard and never see again. However, I do use the klean kanteen growlers they gave us, I definitely would have 0 use for the $50 merch credit if I was a member this year as I am a giant human and their hipster sized stuff doesn't fit me.

You don't have to use the $50 credit only on merch. You can use it just like a regular gift card during aos presales for beer.

You don't have to use the $50 credit only on merch. You can use it just like a regular gift card during aos presales for beer.
Really?
I-mean you could not originally, but that is good if that Change occured

Really?
I-mean you could not originally, but that is good if that Change occured
I don't know if it changed recently but I used my credit on my first two orders back in Jan and Mar on bottles of Moxie and Fields Forever and didn't run into any issues. First aos sale I got a bottle of Moxie and entered the code. System saved the remaining credit and applied the balance the next time I bought Fields Forever.

I don't know if it changed recently but I used my credit on my first two orders back in Jan and Mar on bottles of Moxie and Fields Forever and didn't run into any issues.
God for you. I bought a tshirt for me and some other guy. Worked out for me.

51464789_2352801021449790_8362202304840990720_n.jpg

L-O-L

this makes a lot of sense because it’s not a style they know well.

i also hear that the ipa isn’t even theirs, is that true?

saw this on google when looking them up that made me chuckle
AAF0-A11-C-C04-E-4-FFE-BF41-D90-B60-F6-ECC3.jpg
Not sure if they brewed it or not. They make it seem like they did on the menu. I think they brewed a Resilience IPA iirc. Either way, I hope they don’t start canning them.

And another
Gusher

View attachment 4601

So 2/3 of the bottles I picked up 10 days ago have been gushers. This is reassuring.

Both bottles have also been Meh
Are you letting them warm up a bunch before opening? Pretty much any AWA will gush if you do that. Haven’t had a RB gush otherwise but haven’t had this one.

Weird.

I guess other than inconvenience/mess, is there an inherent qualitative issue with gushers? I've had plenty of legit great beer (Tilquin for example) that happened to gush on opening.

nah its pretty much inconvenience afaik

but both bottles being meh is an inherent qualitative issue.

Wasn't sure if I should create a new thread for this or post here.

But big favor to ask if anyone is going to the rare barrel before the end of the month? If you could pm me and help me out I would appreciate it.

Wasn't sure if I should create a new thread for this or post here.

But big favor to ask if anyone is going to the rare barrel before the end of the month? If you could pm me and help me out I would appreciate it.
If you don’t find anyone local and willing to have it shipped slide into my dms

Anyone around here still a member? Does anyone know if there is supposed to be "free" loyalty blend released in 2020 for members with 5 years or more, like they did in 2019? I'm pretty sure there was, but the exact details of the 2020 membership seem to have been scrubbed in place of the new unfortunate 2021 details.

Back