List of Brewery Membership Clubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ The forthcoming Three Floyds/Mikkeller WarPigs brewpub scheme being an outstanding example.

Colonel: WarPigs House Draft + Food 15 % off (2 years - $10,000 USD)

+ 5% off bottles, top 4 ranks get their own personal glass that only they can use and a shirt to signify said rank. The higher up tiers have access to a VIP room so they don't have to mix with the general customers. Also some vague reference to having first dibs on 'limited edition beers'.

So in order to break even on the "Colonel" membership, I'd have to spend over $91 PER DAY, ERR DAY, FOR TWO YEARS.

****, wait, I forgot to include the cost of the shirt and glass. Let's assume the shirt is a screen-printed ********* billboard and costs $250, and the glass is crystal and also costs $250. Let's also assume that you'd have to bribe the bouncer $10 to get into the VIP room without the membership, which you'd obviously go to every single day as well. Then you'd ONLY have to spend a hair over $80 per day to break even.

But wait! 5% off bottle sales! I'm a monster hoarder, and I intend to buy 500 bottles a year, which'll probably cost ~$50 each. I save an additional $2500 in those two years, meaning I only have to spend about $77 per day, every day to break even.

Let's assume twice per month there are special "limited edition beers", and without the membership, you'd have to pay 5 homeless dudes $20/each to mule it for you. Now you only have to spend just $70 per day, every day to break even!

IT PRACTICALLY PAYS FOR ITSELF!

FiftyFifty Brewer's Intent:

The membership for 2015is $175. Taxes and shipping are an additional cost. The membership benefit includes:

• 6 included specialty barrel-aged bottles per year.
    • No more than 1 of the 6 will be an Eclipse variant, and it would be an undistributed style.
    • At least 3 of the 6 will be styles that are not available in distribution. They would only be available through the Brewers’ Intent ™ or our pub in Truckee.
    • At least 1 of the 6 will ONLY be available through the Brewers’ Intent™. There will be no other way to purchase this style in bottles.
    • Access to purchase other 5050 bottled products (barrel aged, non-barrel aged, experimental, or out of our cellar).
  • Custom limited edition growler unique to the 2015 Brewers’ Intent™ membership.
  • 1 included 5050 merchandise item
  • 10% off merchandise and on-premise beer sales
  • Access to purchase additional bottles that may not be available through any other means. These may include additional bottles of the varieties already included with your membership, barrel aged and non barrel aged bottles both distributed or only available through the pub, early experiment styles.
  • Examples of bottles that may be included in the program are:
    • Annularity (Bourbon barrel aged blond barley wine)
    • Belgian Lipstick On Wood (a sour project)
    • Old Conundrum On Wood (Bourbon barrel aged barley wine)
    • Saison du Prick On Wood (a sour project)
    • B.A.R.T. (Barrel Aged and Really Tasty)
    • Vanilla B.A.R.T
    • Coffee B.A.R.T
    • Barrel-Aged Trifecta (Barrel aged Triple)
    • Non-distributed Eclipse variants (such as 30 year Rum, Single Malt Whisky, Cognac …)
    • Other experimental barrel-aged projects.

All I hear is Beavis saying "hehehehe, I'm a full fledged member."

This is the only membership in this thread that I'm genuinely upset I missed out on.

So in order to break even on the "Colonel" membership, I'd have to spend over $91 PER DAY, ERR DAY, FOR TWO YEARS.

****, wait, I forgot to include the cost of the shirt and glass. Let's assume the shirt is a screen-printed ********* billboard and costs $250, and the glass is crystal and also costs $250. Let's also assume that you'd have to bribe the bouncer $10 to get into the VIP room without the membership, which you'd obviously go to every single day as well. Then you'd ONLY have to spend a hair over $80 per day to break even.

But wait! 5% off bottle sales! I'm a monster hoarder, and I intend to buy 500 bottles a year, which'll probably cost ~$50 each. I save an additional $2500 in those two years, meaning I only have to spend about $77 per day, every day to break even.

Let's assume twice per month there are special "limited edition beers", and without the membership, you'd have to pay 5 homeless dudes $20/each to mule it for you. Now you only have to spend just $70 per day, every day to break even!

IT PRACTICALLY PAYS FOR ITSELF!

Seriously laughing my ass off at this.

Complaints:
-The beers have been terrible. (Lack of carbonation or excessive carbonation, infection and worse of all...no imparted barrel aged character.)
-Little to no communication with the members and zero willingness to work with members from afar being able to pick up more than 1 beer variety per pickup.
-They did not keep their timeline for release of beers even in the same ballpark as their estimation of when they would be ready. They claimed this was a 6 month membership...by the time its all said and done, it will be a 1.5 year experience.

The good:
-No extra money needs to be spent beyond the initial $200
-We have the ability to bail out at anytime and get refunded for what we have not yet received.
-Anyone visiting the taproom can pick up the beers for you so long as they have a copy of your ID and proof of purchase.
-We are getting a PVW aged beer as a makeup/apology for the one beer that got infected.
-Each beer released thus far makes a really good gag gift
I dunno if I'm just out of touch but I didn't even hear about Spring House at all until everyone started talking **** about their barrel releases.

I dunno if I'm just out of touch but I didn't even hear about Spring House at all until everyone started talking **** about their barrel releases.
They aren't a very large brewery. If you don't live in PA I wouldn't imagine you'd hear much about them.

They aren't a very large brewery. If you don't live in PA I wouldn't imagine you'd hear much about them.
Oh yeah for sure. Just was surprised to suddenly hear about them in both hype and anti-hype form simultaneously.

I run the New Money Playaz mule group. Can't say much more than that or I'll have to kick myself out.
You peaked my interest so I've been googling this all day. I can't really find much of anything besides old rap videos, obviously this isn't the group I'm looking for.

I'd love an invite if you can BM me, I have access to MIA and Brewbus special releases and would be happy to send some your way as thanks! I'm pretty high up on the beer tier already... I don't like to brag but I've got 3 cases of Samichlaus just chilling in my closet. I'm ready to take it to the next level!

I assume you'll need my W2 to verify my income is sufficient for this group, not a problem. I'd be happy to fax it as alongside a Moat Water label to prove my legitimacy in this beer game.

Wren's Saguaro Society $150. AZ Liquor laws are...interesting...so we couldn't include bottles in the membership. Long story short, society only bottles, society only crowler/growlers, society party, merch

Edit: First release Raspberry Mead Barrel (Superstition) Imperial Stout
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are opening the Saguaro Society to 100 members who will gain exclusive access to our limited release beers, Society-only events and merchandise, limited release growler/crowler fills, and an unlimited 15% discount on draft beer and merchandise in our taproom.

Bottle Releases:
  • Exclusive access to limited bottle releases. Membership grants access to a Society-only bottle pre-order process that guarantees allocation and allows the Member or a designated proxy to pick up the bottles within 1 month of the public release date. This membership-for-access program is designed to work within Arizona Liquor Law and give full control to Members to decide which releases they want to take home.
  • Member allocation for each bottle release. For each release, Members will be allocated an amount for pre-order that is dependent on the total number of released bottles.
  • Applies to all bottle releases. We have set aggressive targets for our 2017 barrel program and Society Members will have first access to every bottle release we deliver. Check out the “In Barrels” section below to see what is currently aging and expected for release in 2017…and we’re still brewing.
  • Bottle details. Typical bottle size will be 22 oz but this may vary, and bottle prices will vary but will be the same for Members as for the public.
Taproom Discount
  • Unlimited 15% off draft beer and crowlers/growlers in the taproom and merchandise purchased in the taproom. This one is big if you plan on making Wren House your 2nd home in 2017!
Other Benefits:
  • Society growlers are your ticket to growler fills of special release beers otherwise not available for growler fills. Limit 2 fills per Member per tapping, first come, first served. Special release tappings will be listed in a regular Society email newsletter
  • Access to Society only events and opportunities. Stay tuned for our January Society launch party where we will be tapping an array of limited release beers
  • First opportunity to renew membership for 2018, including any additional tiers or add-ons
Society Swag Included:
  • Two 32oz Society-only growlers
  • Society T-Shirt
  • Two Society Glasses
  • Society Y-opener
  • Membership Card

Upland Secret Barrel Society - $250
  • Two Upland Sour Program custom glasses
  • 1 free general admission ticket to Sour Wild and Funk Fest
  • Free entry to a members only event immediately following the Sour Wild Funk Fest (one guest will be allowed for each member)
  • Free entry to a food and sour beer pairing event at the brewery before the end of the year (one guest will be allowed for each member)
  • Right to purchase beer (no beer included)
Ha, I guess they realized how shitty this society was. Now it's $150 and includes:
  • Two Upland Sour glasses
  • One Upland Sours Tin Tacker
  • One Upland Sours Poster
  • Two General Admission tickets to the Upland Sour Wild & Funk Fest to be held at the Mavris building in downtown Indianapolis. The 2017 event will be held on April 1. SBS Members will also have first rights to purchase VIP tickets.
  • Free entry to the Sour Fest pre-party event at the Wood Shop in Bloomington on Friday, March 31. Many other breweries will be attending and we will have free food and beer available.
  • At least eight entirely new beer styles.
  • Quarterly SBS-Only Tours and Tastings offered at the Bloomington Wood Shop.
  • A free beer dinner at the end of the year at the Wood Shop with the Upland Sours brewery team

Not sure what "eight new beer styles" means. Otherwise, it's a pretty good deal now.

Not if you value your tooth enamel.
raw

Perennial's Societe du Chene

Membership is $300 and includes the following:
  • One bottle of each of the first twelve barrel-aged beers to be released over the course of the next year. This year, we are including a mix of wine, foeder and spirits barrel-aged beers (yes, even stouts)
  • a Société du Chêne glass
  • 10% discount on all on-premise purchases with valid membership ID (does not include bottles to go or merchandise)
  • Entry to one Members-Only party. Details to be released at a later date. (Trust us—we’ll make it a good one)
  • The ability to purchase a one-bottle allocation of Abraxas, Sump & 17.
DETAILS

One membership per person.

Each of these beers will be released at some time during the membership period. We will release the beers when we feel that they are ready. For this reason, a release schedule will not be shared in advance.

Members will be have a two week window to pick up bottles as they become available and must be picked up by the member or his or her proxy. If the bottles are not claimed within the designated pickup time, the bottles will be forfeited. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.

If there are excess bottles available, (depending on the number) bottles will either be offered to members for purchase OR sold for on or off-premise consumption in the Perennial Tasting Room.

In the event that that more than twelve barrel-aged beers mature during the membership period, members will also be guaranteed the ability to purchase an undetermined allocation of these beers as well.

Bottles must be picked up in the tasting room. Under no circumstances are we able to ship bottles.

Members may designate ONE trustee to pick up his or her bottles from the tasting room. Membership benefits do not apply to trustees.

2017 Memberships will be offered first to 2016 members. Renewal is, of course, optional.

The Collective Brewing Project is getting ready to expand. If you’ve been to the brewery lately you undoubtedly seen stacks and stacks of barrels, piles of malt, and sometimes even a forklift in the middle of the taproom. We’re bursting at the seams. We love referring to our little brewery as “The Five Pound Bag.” We’ve definitely stuffed 10 pounds of **** in our bag. Now it’s time to streamline and expand.

Help us by joining The Collective Bottle Project. Membership dues will go directly towards expanding our wood cellar so that we can produce more sour beer. In exchange for helping us out you will have access to exclusive beers, parties and other member benefits. Check out the full details.

Membership Dues

Membership will cost $275 plus tax. Member benefits will begin November 1, 2016 and expire November 1, 2017. Dues are non-refundable.

The Beer

Members will receive 20 bottles in total throughout the course of their membership period. Members will be given advanced notice of allotments and releases. The brewery will store members allotments for a maximum of 6 weeks from date of release. Bottles not picked up within that time period will be consumed by the brew staff or snorkeled by Jase Hicks.

· At least 12 bottles will be distributed as club exclusive releases. These are super cool small batch projects we have been working on for the past year. Some examples may include Witherspoon Distillery bourbon barrel aged sour red with boysenberries and a black currant dark sour. The number of releases that will make up the 12 bottles will be at the discretion of the brewery. Should extra bottles be available, they will be available for sale to the membership. These will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Bottle sizes are at the discretion of the brewery.

· The remainder of the 20 bottle balance will consist of brewery only releases. Some examples of these may include Parker County Peach Golden Sour, American Sour Red, Wood Folk Blend 2 and Blueberry Cobbler Petite Golden Sour. In additional to their allotment, members will have early access along with Crowler Club members to buy additional bottles prior to sale to the general public.

Proxies and Shipping

We are unable to ship beer. Stupid government. We can however allow one proxy to be named at the time of membership. Your proxy will be able to pick up allotments and pre-purchased bottles for you, the membership holder. The brewery is not responsible for disputes between member and proxy. Pick a real ride or die homie. Pick-up will be available at the brewery taproom only: 112 St. Louis Ave Fort Worth, TX 76104.

The Coin

Members will receive a challenge coin that will identify them as a member and entitle them to all membership benefits.

The Benefits

Members must identify themselves as a member to receive club benefits. We aren’t psychic.

· Members will be thrown a party twice during their membership. We know how to throw a good party. Bring a guest.

· Members will receive a 10% discount on draft beer and merchandise. Discount does not apply to growler, crowler, bottle sales or membership dues.

· Members will have early access to bottle releases not included in club allotments.

· Members will have early access to any ticketed events hosted by the brewery.

· Members will have first access to 2017-2018 membership.

· Members will have exclusive access to The Collective Bottle Project facebook group.

The Glasses

Members will receive two custom Bottle Project glasses. They’re super fancy, but don’t feel like you have to raise a pinky when you drink out of them.

The whole thing kicks off with first allotments happening during our second anniversary week November 2-6, 2017.

(The beer at the parties is free. Our first party is March 4th and I am pumped)

Fonta Flora started a membership this year. It was $200 and included 2 bottles. **** that noise.

They've updated it for 2018:

6 exclusive cork and cap 750ml bottles of 3 different Appalachian Wild Ale blends, created specifically for AWAS members.

First right of refusal to purchase most Appalachian Wild Ales brands with a one week purchase window and a two week pickup window.

10% discount on all non-alcohol purchases (tasting room(s) only).

AWAS custom membership ID card.

Option to pick-up beer at brewery or assign a trustee.

One radical party at our farm location for members only.

Optional membership swag available for purchase throughout the year

$225 +tax, non-refundable.

The perks are meh (10% discount on non-beer purchases? no free membership swag?), not to mention calling a party "radical" before you've actually hosted it before, so you're basically looking at $38 bottles and the right to buy stuff and also bypass their horrid lines. Not the worst deal out there I gu...

If you are interested in becoming a member, please email us at [email protected] with an entry letter, video, powerpoint, or what have you, of why you want to become a member. Please keep in mind that we have an extremely limited amount of spaces for 2018, and special stands out! The deadline for entries will be December 15th 2017.

ksbp.gif

Snarf Photekut

The perks are meh (10% discount on non-beer purchases? no free membership swag?), not to mention calling a party "radical" before you've actually hosted it before, so you're basically looking at $38 bottles and the right to buy stuff and also bypass their horrid lines. Not the worst deal out there I gu...

ksbp.gif

Snarf Photekut

lmfaaaaooooooo

ksbp.gif

Snarf Photekut

If you're an egomaniacal db who wants an exclusively sycophantical customer base, demanding tribute prior to purchase is an excellent business model.

If you are interested in becoming a member, please email us at [email protected] with an entry letter, video, powerpoint, or what have you, of why you want to become a member. Please keep in mind that we have an extremely limited amount of spaces for 2018, and special stands out! The deadline for entries will be December 15th 2017.
ksbp.gif

Snarf Photekut
I'm looking forward to the dontdrinkbeer audition tape.

Hey, I’m Johnathan Wakefield. I’ve been with you guys down here in Florida making unique craft beers since 2007. I’ve had a lot of time to work with the craft and create some brews that I’m really proud of! Now, it’s time for me to take it to the professional level and open up the doors of the J Wakefield Brewing down here in Miami. To make it happen, I’m going to need your help. Whether through direct contributions to my campaign or from spreading the word, it takes a passionate community to make a business successful. I’m here to share my passion for great beer with you – please help me to succeed by putting whatever contribution that you are comfortable with whether $1 or $1000 and let’s bring professional craft beer to a new level here in Miami. And don’t forget, no matter what you do – spread the word – on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, Youtube and LinkedIn even. Help us to bring you the best craft beer in the country!

https://crowdbrewed.com/rewards/campaigns/j-wakefield-brewing-launching-our-first-brewery-in-miami/

Anyone else checking this out? sounds pretty promising!

Last edited:
Back