RAPT Pill - Will it fit in a better bottle size opening of a bottle fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozmicsky

Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing the RAPT Pill. My question is ... Will it fit in a better bottle size opening of a bottle fermenter? I combed youtube and google and can't get a solid yes.

Also, what are your thoughts on the RAPT Pill? Would you purchase it again?

Thank You

I LOVE my rapt pills. I have two of them. As far as fitting in a better bottle I’m not sure. I just took a measurement on the end cap of mine and it’s looking like If you’ve got an inch and a half across your opening you should be golden.

Good luck!

Attachments

• C5F95381-8F0B-4534-AC45-305E6E6F3ABB.jpeg
    C5F95381-8F0B-4534-AC45-305E6E6F3ABB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Some jugs and carboys are wide enough and others aren't. Kegland tells you somewhere on their web page when I looked prior to getting mine.

Mine measure 1.45 inches (roughly) or about 36.8 millimeters.

But give it plenty of leeway if you have to be certain as glass and some plastic vessels won't be perfectly round inside the neck or measure the same at different depths in the opening.

I do like the Rapt Pill as it has a very long battery life if you don't need a reading every minute of the day. 1 hour intervals it claims to last 5 years on a charge. I changed mine to every 15 minutes and it's still at 74% after having it for six months. Though prior to a couple months ago I just went by every hour data transmissions.

And for me Wifi is a plus. I can be two walls and about 50 feet away from my Wifi appliance and in a plastic fermenter get a excellent dB gain. With a SS pot I still got data, but the gain was noisy and probably about the limit in the same position.

The cloud app which you have to use might take some getting use to if you haven't experienced others that use the same type human interface. But it does work, though there are still things they need to work out.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the replies .. because of your responses to my questions I am going to pull the trigger and buy one of these for integration with Brew Father. Cheers!

Have been considering the Rapt Pill, but I often ferment in sanke kegs and am getting the impression that transmission through thick stainless could be an issue. Would appreciate any experiences or suggestions.

I often ferment in sanke kegs and am getting the impression that transmission through thick stainless could be an issue. Would appreciate any experiences or suggestions.
Well it is WIFI. So the signal is stronger than a Bluetooth device. And I did mention earlier that I tried it in a SS kettle with the lid on and still got a signal. Albeit, a noisy signal. Very high dB in the 80's IIRC. It did miss some of it's report times, but there were enough reports received to make it more useful than not knowing anything or having to get a sample for a normal hydrometer.

If WIFI signal strength is a issue for where you have to keep it, then perhaps you can use an old cellphone to make a hotspot and leave it right outside your FV then connect through it. Or better, just get another WIFI appliance of some sort to boost or mesh your existing WIFI network or create a separate network.

Back