Ranko Trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastside Brewer

Reaction score
Well My Ranko temp controller was attached to my fridge with the double sided glue sticker. Last night at some point it fell off and hit the ground and the probe leading into the fridge poped the door open.

Good news - the beer only droped 6 degrees and I was able to get temp back up rather quickly. I am in the third day of active fermentation and it continues to rage.

Bad news - The Ranko still displays a temp but none of the other functions work. I can't imagine it hit that hard but it is concrete. Am I screwed? Is there a way I could troubleshoot with it or do I take it to someone to fix? Anyone else experience this?

Eastside

I don't have an answer to your questions, but I'm glad you posted it. I was thinking of mounting my Ranco that way, and I guess I'll look for something a little more sturdy.

Maybe try cycling power on it, if you haven't already.

Got the answer!! If you open the box, there is a little switch inside that says, "lock" or "unlock". When it hit the ground the switch moved to lock. All is good in the Ranko Universe! Although I will be looking to mount this thing properly.

Eastside

Back