Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My current "sh** show" .... pun intended.
20210803_094754.jpg

The diffuser is disintegrating as we speak. It's a real POS, the claimed temp range and heat up speed are total BS.
Yeah, nice form factor, poor execution. I got some 5/8" metal snap bushings and plugged 1/2 the vent holes. Helped a little. BTW heat diffusers are back ordered until October and cost about $60 plus shipping.....

One can only wonder how functional the leach field is at this point. Was it draining back to the D-box?
No it was still operating at "normal level" in my tank but when I had it cleaned the baffles were broken allowing solids to enter the d-box and obviously the pipes. After the jetting we treated it with some chemicals and a bacteria to scrub the leech field. Finger crossed, hoping to avoid a $20k sand mound project.

2F2D62E7-2A38-4EC3-B76F-12BE72FFB8E5.jpeg
Looking down at Sand Beach in Acadia National Park yesterday morning. My wife and I hiked/climbed the Beehive there early in the morning (started at 6am to beat the crowds). This was one of several gorgeous views but the cell reception stinks to upload more.

Last edited:
View attachment 738566Looking down at Sandy Beach in Acadia National Park yesterday morning. My wife and I hiked/climbed the Beehive there early in the morning (started at 6am to beat the crowds). This was one of several gorgeous views but the cell reception stinks to upload more.
Made my first trip to Maine in June, and the wife and I might go back next month, if the Covid thing calms some. If not able to make will for sure in the spring.

View attachment 738566Looking down at Sandy Beach in Acadia National Park yesterday morning. My wife and I hiked/climbed the Beehive there early in the morning (started at 6am to beat the crowds). This was one of several gorgeous views but the cell reception stinks to upload more.

We were there in '09. Wish we had more time for Acadia, just a couple days to explore Mt. Desert Island.
1200DSC_0273.JPG

On that trip we went up the coast and across the border to Campobello Island, NB. Visited FDR's childhood home.
View attachment 738585

Had a pebble beach to ourselves on the island.
View attachment 738586
My wife and I spent several vacations on the Maine beaches, in Lubeck, Machias, and Bailey Island. We will probably figure a way to get back there next summer. Campobello(or as my wife calls it Portobello) was a great day trip from the house in Machias.

Back