Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! Back in the USA. At DFW right now, had to stop at Pappasito's for some Mexican food and a beer!
IMG_20210729_171324078.jpg

Unfortunately, looks like I have to go to Greece next week!

Hey @bruce_the_loon, think this one may be from your area. I think the previous owner of our house planted it on purpose in one area and now it is creeping into other.
View attachment 737216

This is the raised bed were I had pumpkins last year
View attachment 737217

Looks like what we call the Cape Daisy down here, aka the Cape weed. Scientific name Arctotheca calendula. I regard it as a weed and dig it out of my garden. I see CA calls it highly invasive, but hasn't yet put a prop 65 warning on each leaf yet.

https://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/eflora/eflora_display.php?tid=77539

Looks like what we call the Cape Daisy down here, aka the Cape weed. Scientific name Arctotheca calendula. I regard it as a weed and dig it out of my garden. I see CA calls it highly invasive, but hasn't yet put a prop 65 warning on each leaf yet.

https://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/eflora/eflora_display.php?tid=77539
It is a bugger to control, it spreads underground and by seed. It did look nice where it was originally planted. I have noticed quite a few landscape plants used around here that originate from South Africa.

My kind of food truck!

Attachments

• A86FD729-1DF1-4D01-B721-F764359C015F.jpeg
    A86FD729-1DF1-4D01-B721-F764359C015F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
I'm embarrassed to say I haven't had a beach vacation in my adult life. Looks amazing.
One great place that is the off beaten path island in the Bahamas is amazing is the Berry Islands. Spent a week in the Berry Islands a couple years ago in a sailboat during the yearly sailing guys trip. Very off the grid, water crystal clear and the most amazing sunrises and sunsets. You got to go!
20190419_135001.jpg
20190420_114911.jpg

thanks @Jayjay1976 , now what's the deal with the stubby sausages. ;)
Those are spicy fennel sausages that come in half lengths, Abruzzese style maybe? We like the stubbies for grilling and then simmering with tomatoes and peppers. The grilled potatoes we mashed up with cream cheese and scallions.

We're not Italian or anything, just love pork and fennel. In Chicago it really isn't even an ethnic thing. I've been buying the gear to start making sausages, pork sausage with fennel and juniper is absolute tops on our list, lightly grilled and then sous vide until tender. 'Gin rillettes' so to speak.

I bought a meat grinder attachment for the KitchenAid and then picked up a used cast iron sausage stuffer, the stuffer is missing the locking collar that attaches the stuffing tubes to the body. As soon as I locate one of those I'll be in the sausage business :D

Last edited:
Back