Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valentines's Day is just around the corner. Don't wait until the last minute to do your shopping (taken by a friend at the Wally World in Havre, MT).

8qbra5w.jpg

Nice. I've actually been thinking of building something like that. I found this version. More portable. :) But I like your use of a ball valve...more brewery-like and only 1/4 turn to get the booze flowing. What did you use to allow the bottle to thread onto that reducer fitting?

View attachment 556359
Pretty sure 750s of Jack are threaded the same as soda bottles. 200 and 375 as well. 1.75 are much bigger.

If you're doing corked bottles(most good bourbon), a little more funky. Maybe consider hacking one of the add on swing tops and use it's collar to somehow secure the bottle.
Can't find a link atm but I have seen swing tops that you can attach to standard 12oz bottles. Beer reps use them a lot. I can't get down with the bottle only being held in upside down by the pressure of a stopper in the neck.

Valentines's Day is just around the corner. Don't wait until the last minute to do your shopping (taken by a friend at the Wally World in Havre, MT).

8qbra5w.jpg
If only I could be 40% thinner that easily...

Pretty sure 750s of Jack are threaded the same as soda bottles. 200 and 375 as well. 1.75 are much bigger.

If you're doing corked bottles(most good bourbon), a little more funky. Maybe consider hacking one of the add on swing tops and use it's collar to somehow secure the bottle.
Can't find a link atm but I have seen swing tops that you can attach to standard 12oz bottles. Beer reps use them a lot. I can't get down with the bottle only being held in upside down by the pressure of a stopper in the neck.

Thanks. Most of my whiskeys are stoppered, but I agree with you--I'm not crazy about a bottle of good booze being supported merely by a stopper only. Might try your swing top idea. Otherwise, it would be a stopper, plus some kind of reinforcing sleeve, which would detract from the looks.

Nice. I've actually been thinking of building something like that. I found this version. More portable. :) But I like your use of a ball valve...more brewery-like and only 1/4 turn to get the booze flowing. What did you use to allow the bottle to thread onto that reducer fitting?

View attachment 556359
It is nice, but I did not make this one. You can buy one on Etsy.com. They are a little pricey, so you would be better off making your own. Check to see if you can buy a reducer fitting with the right threads.

General Tao's Cat?

Fairfax County (Virginia, right outside DC. Forbes magazine's 2nd "richest"* county in the US) a good many Chinese restaurants are right next door to veterinarians or cat hospitals

*"richest" being highest per-capita income. my current home, Loudoun County, Virginia, is first

Falcon Heavy side boosters landed successfully today. Throttable (liquid) RP-1/LOX fueled-boosters capable of recovery and reusability, with 140000lbs payload to low earth orbit in the heavy profile . . . may have to re-evaluate my opinion of Musk as a rent seeker. This is a major step forward for launch systems, huge potential to drive down launch prices.

2kx7.png

Falcon Heavy side boosters landed successfully today. Throttable (liquid) RP-1/LOX fueled-boosters capable of recovery and reusability, with 140000lbs payload to low earth orbit in the heavy profile . . . may have to re-evaluate my opinion of Musk as a rent seeker. This is a major step forward for launch systems, huge potential to drive down launch prices.

View attachment 556931

I thought we were going to Mars...

Baby steps.

Aside from the center core hitting the ocean at 300mph that was an incredibly successful maiden flight for such a complex machine.
Lighting and controlling 27 engines through the flight envelope is not exactly a walk on the moon, never mind a synchronized landing for the boosters...

Cheers!

Dude, you should at least read the flight plan for the Falcon Heavy test payload:
Musk's sports car and dummy pilot are going to end up in an orbit that will swing it by Mars for a gazillion years...

main-qimg-6b6d24663099279de7ca51983aa1b016

EM claims he is building these launch systems at a cost of $1k USD per pound.

Whereas NASA was doing the shuttle systems at $10k per pound.

Too bad the core got wasted.

My company has been working with SpaceX. Reduction of price is pretty close to that and will help with profits. Prices of tech always drop. Think of your Blu-ray player :)

Back