Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 2019 my boss pissed me off so I quit and took a year off to work on our new (to us)house in the woods. A year later I was talking to several companies about going back to work, but Covid hit, I was eligible for my SS, so I retired. Best decision ever.
My boss pisses me off regularly, but then again, I'm self employed. Never did learn how to run this business without it running me, however, there is only so much more I can take.

Random picture: Oak tree with Wisteria blooming in my yard;

IMG_0499.JPG

If it is not too personal a question; are most of you guys retired? maybe this should be in drunkin thoughts, but here I am. [;
Semi. Corporate sold off restaurants to a franchising group and shut down HQ. During COVID. Tried to find something in BI/IT but as soon as they saw I got a Masters in Physics (impressed them) in 1985 (made them run away), and I could start SS, I did.
I thought that might have been taken in Saint Marks Square but the building to the right doesn't look correct.
So, maybe Brussels?
I thought there was a whole thread for this kinda thing?

I feel there is a large portion of those here who are retired or nearly so.

Meanwhile, I go to work in order to recuperate from all the work I do at home.

View attachment 849223

Yeah, I look at that image and I hear Also Sprach Zarathustra in my head.

<And see a monolith orbiting Jupiter...>

Gainfully employed since age 7, paying income tax since age 10, catastophically injured on the job and forcibly 'retired' at age 46.... The word 'sedentary' never belonged in a sentance with my name, but everything I lived for is now painful or out of reach.
Now that I'm done being depressing; Back to the Random Pictures:
Here's where I'm at with my very slow build of an experimental dual-concentric CFC:
IMG_1615.jpg

:mug:

Gainfully employed since age 7, paying income tax since age 10, catastophically injured on the job and forcibly 'retired' at age 46.... The word 'sedentary' never belonged in a sentance with my name, but everything I lived for is now painful or out of reach.
Now that I'm done being depressing; Back to the Random Pictures:
Here's where I'm at with my very slow build of an experimental dual-concentric CFC:
View attachment 849230
:mug:
Ok, I understand most everything for that build, except the purpose of the small whiffle ball.

Not to be too pedantic, but I'm pretty sure this person is only actually standing in two states.
1716480805101.jpeg

And while you *can* be in 4 states at once at Four Corners, and I have, you *do* have to use hands and feet.
Or stradle the lines.

Or use your ballet pointe shoes and stand on the direct intersection of the 4 states.

I did not do that.

I had to stop wearing my pointe shoes. Nasty plantar fasciitis.

My boss pisses me off regularly, but then again, I'm self employed. Never did learn how to run this business without it running me, however, there is only so much more I can take.

Random picture: Oak tree with Wisteria blooming in my yard;

View attachment 849222
I’m happy with my boss. 😉

IMG_2646.jpeg

This is not my boss.

Not to be too pedantic, but I'm pretty sure this person is only actually standing in two states.
View attachment 849232

And while you *can* be in 4 states at once at Four Corners, and I have, you *do* have to use hands and feet.
Or stradle the lines.

Or use your ballet pointe shoes and stand on the direct intersection of the 4 states.

I did not do that.

I had to stop wearing my pointe shoes. Nasty plantar fasciitis.
Not to be too picky, but modern surveying puts the actual spot several hundred yards from that spot, Or does it? here's an interestin explanation of the issue.
https://www.ngs.noaa.gov/INFO/fourc... instead of a 2.5,west of the actual monument.

View attachment 849339
I am always looking for a brewing assistant, but you at least gotta have hands!

Also, HOW'D YOU GET IN HERE AND UP THERE?!?
Looks like what I'd call a "Health & Safety" assistant. I have a 'Sanitation &Safety' assistant myself, which reminds me I owe @balrog an explanation for the whiffle ball;
Ok, I understand most everything for that build, except the purpose of the small whiffle ball.
It's not just the whiffle ball, but also the mouse, the bag, and the box that are tools for my Sanitation & Safety Assistant, Velvet:
IMG_1616.jpg

Here's how it goes:
"OMG, Is Velvet behind the stove with my 240V/30A wiring!?!?!'
"Oh no! Is he licking up PBW!?!?"
"Damn! I forgot to put my sanitized hose for filling the fermenter out of reach!"
..air conditioner is running and there is an air-current;
"Is he scratching himself upwind of my open Fermonster!?!?!" (He claims to be the Furmonster himself and thus claims dominion over all things brewing)
"Sh*t...did I put the lids on my hops tubs?!?!?!" - Thankfully he doesn't like Fuggles or EKG's, but he wants Magnums and Citra's and doesn't take no for an answer.
Really does help me keep things safe and sanitary.
:thumbsup:

My late uncle was shot "glancingly" in the earlobe by my late dad when they were kids.

Both would always relate the story the same way, each saying they had suffered more.

And when I tell my kids that story, they automagically say "Tis but a flesh wound!"

They make me so proud.

Back