Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1698616905087.png

Here in cattle country more than a few ranchers have started feeding, finishing, and processing some of their own calves instead of selling them to the commercial feeders and packers from which they’ll end up as shoe leather “steaks” at Applebee’s. We buy meat from several such small processors, so I’m pretty sure this is legit-
View attachment 832711
I always get beef from my uncle in South Dakota. It's the best beef I've ever had. Between that and hunting and fishing, we rarely ever buy meat.

My Bunn BX has a leak owing to my negligence, so I got out my 30 year old reliable (and manufactured only a few hours away)..My Precious:
View attachment 832858
Had the same rig in fast food joint I ran as a kid in the '80s. Made good coffee, if maintained and kept clean.

I kept it after I sold off most of the equipment when place went defunct (not on my watch, a few years later).

Sadly it died as due to my negligence. Had it stored in an old semi trailer, but apparently did not drain completely and a freeze cracked the tank.

Had the same rig in fast food joint I ran as a kid in the '80s. Made good coffee, if maintained and kept clean.

I kept it after I sold off most of the equipment when place went defunct (not on my watch, a few years later).

Sadly it died as due to my negligence. Had it stored in an old semi trailer, but apparently did not drain completely and a freeze cracked the tank.
I've still got the one I grew up with in my dads shop, though this one too got a split tank...been meaning to replace it and I think this is it:
https://commercial.bunn.com/25320.1000Bunn's really good about selling parts for their commercial units...not so much with the consumer ones though. :p

Is it the elbow that is on top of the conical? Where does that lead to...
and what is the triple tri-clamp that is on top, front and center?
Didn't have enough time to trace the plumbing. I just thought a "Hot Surface" sign on something that is usually cooled looked out of place.

Brew on :mug:

Back