Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone had to do it!

corpsmeed.jpg

at a local beer festival, I asked a Bell's rep why beer from western Michigan was so good (Bell's, Founders, New Holland) & he answered "straight up, unfiltered Lake Michigan water"

Full disclosure: I have coexist sticker magnet.
I also was taught by my mamma to wait my turn in all things. It drives my BIL absolutely, head-explodingly bonkers to ride in the car with me.

Yes. Sometimes I over exaggerate driving "nice" when he's with me. The entertainment value of his head exploding is priceless.

I'm born and raised in the Midwest. I'm pretty sure somewhere out there there's a 4-way stop with 4 people sitting there waving each other on. And they've been sitting there for DAYS!

I slowly rolled across a line where 12 year old school kids had already crossed and were on the far side of the street. It was a decent-sized road--four lanes plus a center, left-turn lane so they were forty yards or so away. No kids so I rolled forward but did not go through. But the crossing guy way over there had yet to lower his "STOP" sign to his side.
Boy did I catch it from parents on that far side of the street for violating their street crossing culture. Keep in mind that me hitting a kid was an impossibility.
If it comes up again, I'll follow the rule but it seems sort of an overreaction.
Might not have much to do with the current thread but I was reminded of the story.

I'm also annoyed at a two-way stop sign situation where I have a stop sign and the person who doesn't sits there and waits or waves me through. Happens often enough.
I don't get that one.

I'm also annoyed at a two-way stop sign situation where I have a stop sign and the person who doesn't sits there and waits or waves me through. Happens often enough.
I don't get that one.
"follow the rules of the road"

Yep. You can hear me screaming that from Massachusetts sometimes when someone stops traffic unexpectedly.

Don't get me wrong, nice is nice.

But follow the rules of the galldarned road.

And stay off my lawn.

I was cleaning my outdoor cooking pots after a cookout and when I was finished I happened to look down by my foot and I found this 3' long prairie rattler a foot from where I had been standing. I have no idea how long he had been there. My wife came out to see it and she convinced herself it was dead. When I grabbed it with the snake stick to put in the icechest for relocation it showed her it was very alive. But it never rattled.
IMGP4270.JPG
IMGP4271.JPG

I was cleaning my outdoor cooking pots after a cookout and when I was finished I happened to look down by my foot and I found this 3' long prairie rattler a foot from where I had been standing. I have no idea how long he had been there. My wife came out to see it and she convinced herself it was dead. When I grabbed it with the snake stick to put in the icechest for relocation it showed her it was very alive. But it never rattled.View attachment 770770View attachment 770771

I'm gonna change the identification to diamondback, not a prairie rattler

I was cleaning my outdoor cooking pots after a cookout and when I was finished I happened to look down by my foot and I found this 3' long prairie rattler a foot from where I had been standing. I have no idea how long he had been there. My wife came out to see it and she convinced herself it was dead. When I grabbed it with the snake stick to put in the icechest for relocation it showed her it was very alive. But it never rattled.View attachment 770770View attachment 770771

Rattlers aren't as loquacious as we might think. To the point that many believe they've evolved away from rattling.

Rattlers aren't as loquacious as we might think. To the point that many believe they've evolved away from rattling.
The last one I actually heard rattle gave about 5 shakes of his tail and wandered off. My wife did get to enjoy the thrilling sound of a very upset diamondback coiled and ready a foot behind her a few years ago. Her standing broad jump was Olympic medal level.

Another day, another aircraft in the yard. This time a helicopter.
9D813881-0FBE-499D-B0DC-3C5139D23872.jpeg

Same pilot (“Uncle” Scott, not really my daughter’s kids uncle, but they call him that) landed to pick up our grandson to take him to a fly-in breakfast at an airport about 50 miles SW of here.

Back